Stock Mod on Artemis pp700sa

I got this little pistol last Wednesday, 3/13/19 I ordered from Krale on Saturday the 9th! Ordered the DonnyFl LDC adapter the same day and its still not here! Not blaming Donny who issued a tracking number the same day, but the USPS takes over a week from Florida? That's inefficient it seems to me. Was planning on using it this week to rat at the dairy, but without the Tanto up front the bark would spook the cows. Hopefully I'll finally have that adapter on Monday.

Anyway the stock is wobbly as is and I was expecting that from previous posters so I used two elastic bands to make the stock a tad more solid. The band from stock to pistol grip is just looped through stock and a hole through the band allows the bolt at the bottom of the pistol grip to thread right through. Works simply without permanent mods to gun or grip.

1552762258_13607379015c8d4592534864.15490655_pp700sa_1.jpg

1552762271_3729000665c8d459fd58211.93604991_pp700sa stock.jpg

Niiice!

Congrats on your new toy! I just love my PP700, and I'm sure you will too! 
Great mod, that's a quick efficient 'fix' for the oem stock wobble.. 
You'll have to keep us posted on how it works for you as time goes on..
Just a heads up - Mine loosened up a bit the other day.. The scerws backed out a bit.. 
I had em' cranked in there too. So, we may have to use a few dabs of Blue Loctite..

Anyways..

Shipping - What a drag.. Donny is always lightning fast as far as shipping goes.. 
When I order, he has my label created immediately, ships ASAP that or the next day, 
and then a few days from FL to NY.

I usually love USPS, but as of late, I've had a few issues with them too..
I placed an Amazon 2 day prime order.. It should have been here today.. 
Nope. Same deal.. I won't see them until' Monday. 
Check your tracking #. My order has been sitting at the same place for a full day..

👍 

Sam -

Luis, thanks for sharing. This was pretty timely...someone was just asking me about the stock on another forum. I took some time to mark up photos of what I did to mine so I'll just post them here rather than starting a new thread.

With this done, there is zero play. A stock that rocks back and forth drives me crazy. It now feels absolutely solid when shouldered.

For what it is, the stock itself seems sturdy enough. The main concern I have with it is the way it attaches to the plastic hand grip. Despite taking care when tightening the fasteners, the plastic developed some stress cracks so I whipped up some doubler plates this morning and epoxied them to the grip:

Luis, thanks for sharing. This was pretty timely...someone was just asking me about the stock on another forum. I took some time to mark up photos of what I did to mine so I'll just post them here rather than starting a new thread.

With this done, there is zero play. A stock that rocks back and forth drives me crazy. It now feels absolutely solid when shouldered.

For what it is, the stock itself seems sturdy enough. The main concern I have with it is the way it attaches to the plastic hand grip. Despite taking care when tightening the fasteners, the plastic developed some stress cracks so I whipped up some doubler plates this morning and epoxied them to the grip:

Thats some serious engineering, nice work trigger! I got one as well and love it might try some of these ideas

NervousTrig, 

Again, Kudos for another killer post that'll help out a Lot of people when it comes to these stocks! 
I didn't do any 'finalized' fix to my stock yet, but, I did do something a bit similar using foam tape.. 
We were cold/wind proofing a door, and I had a bit of extra case foam, so, I used and bit, and, 
what a difference it made.. Nothing elaborate, yet super effective!
I have some high end foam somewhere - hidden with all of my RC hobby gear.. 
I plan to use that - just as you did, and at that point, definitely call it good!

The reinforcement plates you made are also 'advised' IMO also..
I don't like the idea of attaching anything structural to plastic..
That, and as a metalworker, I enjoy replicating things out of better [metal] materials also.. 
My plan - do the same..
I was going to use steel, and either drill/tap the threads, or, weld in a threaded boss..
On your setup, I noticed that you just used an aluminum rivet style threaded boss.. Nice! 
Again, simple and effective!! 

👍👍

Sam -​​​​​​​

I'm confused. You bought a pistol, but you really wanted a single shot rifle, yes? Why? This is a great pistol, but it's a poopty rifle.

@steve-l, you’re confused but I’m not. I know why I bought this pistol. It will be a “poopty little rifle” to take pests from 15 yards and in. In the dairy building I’m walking/shooting within slapping distance of the cows and because most of those pests were too close for my “poopty big rifle” (Compatto). But thanks for the great pistol comment. And I give you kudos for your insight as the little poopter😃, will be deployed in a manure rich environment. poopty, poopty, bang bang...

Me personally..

My Puncher Breaker went in to PA / AV for a new valve-stem, 
and out of impulse, I hit up KRALE's site, and ordered an Artemis P15.. 
While I was there, I spotted the PP700S-A, then the folding-stock, so I grabbed em' both..

Why? 

Because I figured it'd be a great 'donor' to build a micro-bullpup-rifle out of.. 

Why else?

Because it looked like a killer little PCP Pistol, and in .22 [which is my preferred caliber]

Why else?

When it is configured as a 'poopty rifle', it's like having a Poor Man's EgGun Leshiy..
It's very accurate, great shooting at my indoor 10m range, and it's a Lot Of Fun! 

1552891079_7936748825c8f3cc7020530.14796141_20190304_113534.jpg

1552891151_13192870855c8f3d0f741711.59072751_20190304_114841.jpg

BTW, the Extended Emperor V3 suppressor started out as a joke, 
but OMG did it make that thing quiet!! 😃

👍 

Sam -

Lol everybody has an opinion. I own this gun and got the stock because I am more accurate with it on and my 6 year old can stabilize it now that she can put it to her shoulder. Plus it still fits in my car. Its like when i go to the range and use my sks and all the yuppie idiots with ar15s make fun of me for shooting a 2 moa rifle. Why wouldn't I pay 200 bucks more for a 1/2 moa rifle? Well because I like putting yuppies in thier place by qualifying and shooting matches with a clip fed system and 2 moa while they suck all day long with thier 1800 daniel defense or whatever. Anyway I like the stock and even if i didn't id be glad you like yours. God bless

Some people can’t shoot a great pistol so they are better off with a poopty rifle. It’s nice having options.

Some people "can't" say something nice. But that doesn't stop them. Many here can shoot pistols fine and you should assume so until you know personally, otherwise sheer conjecture. I purchased this so called, "great pistol/poopty little rifle" to fill a specific role in my pesting arsenal... she will be christened "lil chittie".

My PP700 is sitting on the work bench. I bought it with the intention of going a certain route with it. After firing a few shots out of it, I am now not sure. Its a likable pistol out of the box. So far. I haven't accuracy or chrono tested it yet so my opinion might change. A Huma is in the mail because I learned my lesson with SPA regs. Whatever direction I decide to go, it will be staying a pistol. I have a Leshiy to fill the semi-poopty rifle slot.

I got a kick reading the replies to my previous post on this thread. The real reason most people use scopes, stocks and other band-aids with pistols is that they can't shoot a hand gun worth a poop. I know this sounds condescending, but it is never the less true. In my earlier years I shot pistols competitively in many disciplines and I did it internationally as well. I also shot with many police departments. Most cops are terrible. Most cops are stressed to shoot a 12" circle freehand at 10'. I had a very good German friend that I used to shoot with 30 years ago. He was excellent, much better than I was and he said to me that if you were serious about shooting a handgun with iron sights well, you must be prepared to shoot a minimum of 10,000 rounds a year. Time has proved his advice true and it is the primary reason why most cops can't shoot well. Consider the cost of shooting 10,000 rounds a year, even if you reload, as I did. You spend every minute of your free time either shooting or pulling the handle on your Dillon bullet press I haven't yet mention the cost of ammunition. It is thousands of dollars in bullets, powder and primers. .Yet, every handgun you see in gun stores come with iron sights. I think it is scary.

So, that said, the real value of the P700S-A is its balance and feel in replicating a real PB pistol. It feels to me the same as a Thompson contender, which I used to shoot in Metallic Silhouette years ago in the wildcat 7mm Rem. cartridge and it's affordable. I have no trouble shooting 100 pellets a day every day. Once you overcome the initial expense of PCP with tanks, bottles, whips and compressor, you're golden. Now the iron sights it comes with are crap and are only adjustable in windage, but if you are serious about becoming a proficient handgun shooter, this pistol is the hot set-up.

Oh, I forgot another attribute this pistol has. It's accurate. You, as a shooter,must know between your ears that when you miss, it your fault, not the gun's and with this pistol, you can take it to the bank.

I think you make some fair points. It seems very few people are willing to describe themselves as proficient with a pistol. It’s okay that not everyone is committed to becoming proficient.

It’s also true that putting a stock on a pistol is something of a compromise relative to a proper rifle, and asking why was a perfectly reasonable question. However by asking the question and then, before getting an answer, immediately disparaging the decision as poopty, that’s the reason for the sarcastic responses.