• Laminate

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Beech

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Synthetic

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
Well, that's a loaded question.... — a loaded survey...! 😄
Because, as I perceive it, the shooters that like wooden stocks STRONGLY DISLIKE SYNTHETIC.

However, those that like synthetic stocks, can also tolerate wooden stocks, sometimes coloring them flat black with liner paint.

So, I would think that MORE shooters will be piqued to respond to the survey that feel a strong emotion (hate) toward one of the stock types (synthetic).
Many of the other shooters (pro synthetic) won't care as much to be interested in the survey....
Just my guess.... 🤔
I could easily be mistaken.

I feel a strong emotion about stocks. So, I responded. However, I might not qualify as a typical shooter.... 😉

Matthias

The stock question really has a lot to do how a shooter perceives a gun.... 😉

● A gun, for me, is an instrument for killing, for today — not an instrument for remembering the last century, my childhood, or my grandpa.

● A gun, for me, is a tool — not a keepsake, not a hairloom.

● If a gun is a tool, for me then, it must be functional — not nostalgic, not traditionalistc (or in the more charitable term, "classic").

● If a gun must be functional, for me then, form must follow function — form does not need to follow the requirements of a technology from the past century.

● There is still a beauty in the form of a modern gun — the aesthetics are actually really important to me. 😊

But again — beauty is in the eye of the beholder (or their rose-colored sunglasses 😎) — and the eye of this beholder is looking for a good-looking tool — not a reminder of the good old times.

🔶 I just felt I needed to explain myself and my tribesmen (and women) who have been shunned the tacticool tribe — because I feel my tribe is in the minority on many airgun forums. (Maybe this survey proves me wrong.... — that would be funny! 😄 ).

Anyhow, our airguniverse has enough space for all of us, and I really like it that we have so many options nowadays that suit each of our styles and preferences. What a wonderful diversity! 👍🏼😊

Have a great weekend. Go shoot something!

Matthias

Reactions: d3vnull