• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Stock Avenger Picatinny Issues

tywynn,
Saw same Avenger review video, switching out top rail recommended, can't imagine Air Venturi sees this as good press. WM
Ooof. $40 just to swap the rails. The weaver to picatinny utg adapter is cheaper but aesthetics strange that picatinny is on top of the picatinny. Decisions. Putting a bit more money than I wanted into this 😅

Reactions: WorriedMan
It seems the Saber Tactical rail upgrade is almost a necessary. My stock rails were crooked in every axis. I was expecting as much, so I didnt really put any effort into fully installing a scope as I didnt want to damage one. It was quickly obvious if I torqued down a set of rings both the action and the scope tube would be all twisty. The cast pot metal breech/action block is certainly the weak point of the Avenger, but the Saber Tactical rails are nice and straight.

Edit: Wanted to add, your Quick Release mount may not fit the stock rails if you have picatinny style hardware. The Avenger stock rails are Weaver style, which sometimes slotted too narrow to fit a picatinny cross bolt.