• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

STO Sarissa

Just tried a Sarissa on a .25 Dreamline at 66 fpe. Amazingly quite. I have not tried for accuracy yet.
All tested in an enclosed shop. Numbers are only relevant to my testing. They do align with "by the ear" sound of my test listener that did not know what mod was being used.

No mod

Huma 30/4

0dB 160S

Buck Rail

Sto Sarissa

(Huma) 7.5 inch vs (0db) 6.75 inch vs (Sarrisa) 10 inch moderator.

I mean, would hope a 10 inch moderator edges out in these tests, but that 0DB really hangs for being a 6.75" mod...I'd prefer the 0db personally for the compromise of length over 2-3 db avg, but that is just me.

Was the Buck Rail really that bad? Sheesh.

-Matt

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Bucks have no place on a higher power air gun. I didn't notice a drop in sound on my 30 fpe 22, or 40 fpe 25. They're fine on a co2 gun or sub 20 fpe or so.

Best mods I ever had were Niel Clague. Mouse fart 35 fpe 22, and made my Sumatra carbine basement friendly at 80 fpe 25.
Does he still make them? I went to his site and it doesn't even mention pricing. And a lot of his page seems outdated.

I’m impressed with the STO Falx(moderate flow), it’s quieter than the pellet hitting the mulch trap on my 50 fpe .22 Maverick.

IMG_6112.jpeg

Last edited:

40x170mm, ~180 grams

I don't have a digital scale but here it is.

View attachment 438046

View attachment 438047
The Falx is 6.5 oz

40x170mm, ~180 grams
Thank you, I'm currently using a yokozuna for my huben k1 and it definitely changes the balance point of the gun significantly with it's length and weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Impact701
That moderator is heavy and the STO will be quieter than the Yoko also.

The donny’s finish is better and look cooler but it’s all about the sound.
Yeah ai got the yoko as part of a trade with an .35 call pcp and this is a 35 call moderator so although it quiets things down it doesnt do it too well for the .25 Thank you btw