STO Philum Moderator + FX Impact deliveries...

Greetings All-

Just rec'd my STO (Silent Thunder Ordnance) Philum model moderator. Looks good! Weighs NOTHING! (Well not really 'nothing'- 2.5oz/ 70g) It is composite, made with a stainless steel thread insert. Carbon fibre tube, nylon appearing endcaps. Feels very rigid, no flex perceivable. I am currently awaiting arrival of a new Impact Mk II to install it on.

Several had previously posted they did not find the moderator info on STO's website- Try https://www.silentthunderordnance.com/secret-menu

On a seperate note- I had contact with FX customer support today, at which time a tech stated that the new shipment of FX Impacts may have a 1/2x20UNF muzzle thread (which will fit my new moderator) - a change from the metric thread they have previously had. He went on to say that if they did not come the new thread, they have replacements (adapters) available inexpensively ($10- I think he said) which they will be able to supply on short notice. Nice job FX, kudos!

They also commented that the new FX shipments will hopefully be headed to dealers by mid-August. Meaning an end of August delivery is realistic.

Looking forward to Christmas coming early... ;-) Good shooting! Hi-vel

Congrats! I revived my Mus and Pilum today from STO. I went with the moderate flow and stainless threads, @hi-vel is right about the weight - they're VERY LIGHT!

• Pilum - 75grams (2.6oz)
  • Mus - 116grams (4.1oz)

They're very sturdy and very well constructed.

I did some brief testing with them both on my Crown (which has the new 1/2-20 threads). My barrel definitely has less movement compared to heavier moderators. Both do a superb job of suppression.