• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

STO Falx/Donny Ronin/Huma Mod40

I had stated in a different thread that I ordered a Huma Mod40 to try out. It came today. I posted long ago about my comparison between the Falx and the Ronin.
They both register a consistent 81-82 dB on my phone app. The Ronin sounds like a sharper crack as opposed to the thump of the Falx. The Ronin groups are a TINY bit bigger with the Ronin but by bigger I mean a larger ragged single hole with a five shot group at 30 yards. The POI between the two is about an inch apart. For both of those reasons I use the Falx. I'm completely happy with the Falx but love to tinker so purchased the Mod40.

Today I put on the Mod40 and the POI was three inches up and three inches left of the Falx. I zeroed the scope and had at it. My phone app read 79 dB and it was a bit duller than the Falx. Here's the bad part. One or two shots out of every five shot group would be about 1/2 inch out of the ragged hole. I shot 20 five shot groups and it happened every time. I checked and don't see evidence of any clipping.

Put the Falx back on, reset my turrets back to zero, glad I didn't move my 0, and was spot on with one hole groups again.

I have no experience with Donny FLs. I do have experience with the STO moderators, 3 Falixs and one Sarissa. The extra length of the Sarissa didn't translate to being much quiter than the Falixs. The STOs didn't effect my groups at all. To my ear the STOs lower the frequency, more thump less crack for no better way top discribe it. I to tried the MD 40, quite but seemed to adversely effect my accuracy. I have a Quite Shot on my K1 in .177. It works but in my opinion it's not worth the cost. The 3D printed matrix self distructed. To their credit they did upgrade the internals at no charge.