• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Still Problems with Marauder

Some of you might remember that I'm having trouble with my brand new Marauder that I got from Crosman. I was missing the breech o-ring for some reason. The replacement came in today and I was excited to get it installed and finally getting to shoot my rifle properly. I went through a magazine and it still feels like something is off. It still feels like it sticks and I feel like I have to wiggle the bolt to get it to push the pellet through. Not normal. In the second magazine I didn't like the feel of it so I pulled the bolt back. When I did I accidentally chambered a second pellet. I'm not sure if it's the rifle or me but now I have two pellets in the barrel.

Is it okay to go ahead and complete push the second pellet in and fire it or do I need to get a rod and remove them first?

Thanks.

Did you put any lubricant on the oring? Silicone grease from the plumbing dept at Lowes or Home Depot works just fine and will allow the bolt to slide thru it much easier.

On the double loading that is "self induced". The MRod is not capable of putting 2 pellets into the barrel unless the bolt is retracted after a pellet has been pushed from the magazine. If you "semi-cock" the gun (pull bolt back but not quite far enough to cock the gun). REMOVE the mag and then fully cock it. Shot it and then reinsert the mag. With just 2 pellets in the barrel you should be ok shooting them thru. To be certain you don't damage any of the baffles you could remove them before shooting them thru.

Reactions: protojoe
Would never shoot 2 pellets out,but hay should work .I use a long wooden dowl.Some pellets have bigger heads and can make it harder to push the bolt forward.Why not get a parts diagram and look to see how things go together....I say just shot it,get use to it.Butt maybe there is a slight misalignment somewhere.....try single loading it,see if that goes good,if so then go from there.

I agree with BigTinBoat. It's easy to half cock a Marauder. When it doesn't fire, pull the bolt back, take out the magazine, then firmly cock it and fire the one pellet. It only loads a pellet when you push the bolt forward, so when you pull it back to take out the magazine, it's not double loaded yet. And if the magazine is not there when you push it forward, there's no additional pellet to load, so you should be fine.

Honestly just from experience I would of just shot the pellets out. One above was saying you might want to remove the baffles to prevent any damage to them. I have shot double loaded pellets from my Mrod as well as other air with no ill effects (edgun and vulcan just to name some). Not saying that its a good thing to do but if you have to then you have to. 

What great responses!! I was told in the previous thread to grease the o-ring when I installed it. I forgot to do that. I'm also glad to hear the "half-cocking" is a thing because that's what I'm doing also. All of this may be what caused me to lose the o-ring in the first place. Late day at work today but I should be able to get this done tomorrow or the next and let you know how it goes. Thanks to all.

From my experience the marauder will load different brand pellets with varying levels of smoothness. This is attributed to the varying sizes of pellets in a tin, even two separate tins of the same pellet made on different batches (different mfg. dates) will load differently. Add to this the variance of the barrels dimensions themselves and you can see that no two rifles will behave the same. 

you'll see that other members on here have posted of there being a burr in the breech end of the barrel where the transfer port intersects the pellet loading area. when I ordered a new barrel from Crossman it in fact had this burr that I had to remove which has resulted in increased accuracy and smoothness of pellet loading.

I pretty much daily shoot 2 out the pipe at least once.I like too use a single shot tray on all my pcp air rifles and for get between shots that i have already loaded a pellet. Bad cases of oldtimers disease

These things are not just afflictions of the more “experienced” crowd, there’s also such a thing as youngtimers and midlifetimers disease.