• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Still on the hunt for a great .177 slug shooter! Any suggestions?

I have an RTI Prophet 1 .177 and, with the OEM 20" barrel, i easily get between 45 and 50 fpe.
BUUUUUUT I just installed a 24" LW polygonal unchocked barrel, slugged at about 0.175, polished and rimed. We will see as soon as Wildman's slugs will arrive. Unfortunately i can't order Griffin's slugs, they look really promisingW
I have an RTI Prophet 1 .177 and, with the OEM 20" barrel, i easily get between 45 and 50 fpe.
BUUUUUUT I just installed a 24" LW polygonal unchocked barrel, slugged at about 0.175, polished and rimed. We will see as soon as Wildman's slugs will arrive. Unfortunately i can't order Griffin's slugs, they look really promising.
What transfer port restrictor you find work the best for the RTI 177 a 3mm or 4mm ? and what reg pressure thank you !

Seems the RTI has a lot of power, I have a RTI PP II 22 caliber with 510mm barrel CZ shooting JSB 18gr at 960 FPS , Regulator set at 130 bar, I just switched out barrels to a LW 177 510mm shooting 13 gr JSB 177 at 1170 FPS dime size group at 28 yards but opened up to half dollar at 48 yards. Reset regulator to 98 Bar did not touch hammer shooting 13 gr at 900 FPS dime size at 48 yards,, Even my PP I long shooting 50gr pellets at 880 FPS I have never had the Regulator past 130 bar I have turned on the hammer spring two turns.
Mike
What size do you have the transferpot restrictor 3mm or 4mm?

I had a RTI Priest2 in 177, never should have sold it!. That thing was supper accurate with 13gr Zan slugs around 940fps. Would shoot 1/2" groups at 50yards. I've also been thinking of picking up another RTI. The only thing holding me back on the Prophet2 is all the issues people have been having with the new valve. High extreme spreads? Don't know if its just a few people making a lot of noise or a real issue???
What transferport restrictor you used 3mm or 4mm or the original 2.5 ?

BUUUUUUT I just installed a 24" LW polygonal unchocked barrel, slugged at about 0.175, polished and rimed. We will see as soon as Wildman's slugs will arrive. Unfortunately i can't order Griffin's slugs, they look really promising.
I have asked RTI to put a 24inch(60cm) barrel on their guns, but they won`t..and will not even try just to see how it could perform. Getting 35-40 ft/ibs from a .177cal in 2023 ought to be standard. 50 ft/ibs from standard production guns is still limited to very few. Maybe in 5 years to come 60 ft/ibs with 24grain .177cal slug is achievable. The .177cal can be a 200-300yard gun doing 2" groups in times to come.