Taipan Still Enjoying My Taipan! What Have You Been Shooting?

This thing just shoots! No fuss gun. Yeah, the rear cocking is its weakest feature but NOT a deal breaker. This is a robust gun.
It was a cold and clear day out so set up some steel and paintballs at 30ish yards. I shot 20 pellets worth and went inside to warm up. After some coffee I headed back outside. I did the same thing again but this time I had a shooting partner and I captured some action with the phone camera.
Airpower all the way!
IMG_5958.png
IMG_5954.png
IMG_5952.jpeg
IMG_5945.jpeg

I'm not picky, seems the Taipan is not either on pellets. The infamous Crosman Premier HP 14.3. I like the smack of the .22. As long as I'm hitting my target or pest, I'm good to go. The Taipan kind of sneaked into my first PCP list ... glad I got one. I needed a good truck-gun and neighborhood friendly air rifle. I like the standard ... had wanted a grey or coffee, but didn't work out that way - missed the boat as the vet 2s moved in. Simple rifle and just accurate as anyone could want ... least for what I do (50 yards and under).

Can't pass up a Veteran post without a comment/endorsement ...Been shootin' my standard. 22 since '18...bought third hand from Dairyboy...hasn't changed one iota since I received it (as new condition) in preformamce or appearance, not even the breech oring (blew it out once by leaving the cocking lever open...idiot...just picked it off the probe and plugged it back in, been there for years now never even replaced it). There are three things about the Veteran that everyone should know..The trigger...trigger...and the trigger. Notice the shooting position of
1000001840.jpg
1000001839.jpg
1000002118.jpg
the young man pictured....legs crossed sitting in a chair....The Vet's astonishing trigger enables fine accuracy from that position...he's on to something...ask me how I know, bet he's a good shot too! There a "new in box" old style Vet standard. 22 in the classifieds..their already classics in my book...get one while the gettin's good!

Can't pass up a Veteran post without a comment/endorsement ...Been shootin' my standard. 22 since '18...bought third hand from Dairyboy...hasn't changed one iota since I received it (as new condition) in preformamce or appearance, not even the breech oring (blew it out once by leaving the cocking lever open...idiot...just picked it off the probe and plugged it back in, been there for years now never even replaced it). There are three things about the Veteran that everyone should know..The trigger...trigger...and the trigger. Notice the shooting position ofView attachment 425437View attachment 425438View attachment 425436 the young man pictured....legs crossed sitting in a chair....The Vet's astonishing trigger enables fine accuracy from that position...he's on to something...ask me how I know, bet he's a good shot too! There a "new in box" old style Vet standard. 22 in the classifieds..their already classics in my book...get one while the gettin's good!
Who took the photo Russ?

I'm not picky, seems the Taipan is not either on pellets. The infamous Crosman Premier HP 14.3. I like the smack of the .22. As long as I'm hitting my target or pest, I'm good to go. The Taipan kind of sneaked into my first PCP list ... glad I got one. I needed a good truck-gun and neighborhood friendly air rifle. I like the standard ... had wanted a grey or coffee, but didn't work out that way - missed the boat as the vet 2s moved in. Simple rifle and just accurate as anyone could want ... least for what I do (50 yards and under).
Absolutely correct with that last statement! 100%
I‘m a fan of the laminate stocks on most guns. So glad that I have the one I have. RM100GUY encouraged me to polish the stock on mine. Turned out nice. It used to have a more satin sheen on it. I had done the same thing to a couple FX 400 laminate stocks prior to that so it only made sense. I’m really proud of mine. I never had much luck shooting the CP 14.3 pellets with other guns so I pretty much just shot the JSBs once I tried them and they performed well. I‘ve heard of others getting good results from the CPHPs. I may have to try some just because. I have a pretty good stock of the JSBs which is good too. 💥🎯👊🏼

Last edited:
Can't pass up a Veteran post without a comment/endorsement ...Been shootin' my standard. 22 since '18...bought third hand from Dairyboy...hasn't changed one iota since I received it (as new condition) in preformamce or appearance, not even the breech oring (blew it out once by leaving the cocking lever open...idiot...just picked it off the probe and plugged it back in, been there for years now never even replaced it). There are three things about the Veteran that everyone should know..The trigger...trigger...and the trigger. Notice the shooting position ofView attachment 425437View attachment 425438View attachment 425436 the young man pictured....legs crossed sitting in a chair....The Vet's astonishing trigger enables fine accuracy from that position...he's on to something...ask me how I know, bet he's a good shot too! There a "new in box" old style Vet standard. 22 in the classifieds..their already classics in my book...get one while the gettin's good!
Looking good Russ and showin’ us how it’s done! 🦾💥👊🏼.I had an idea that this post would bring you out of the woodwork. Ha ha! I always appreciate your comments and enthusiasm especially on the Vets. Our Vets look like they could be twins! I hope you folks are doing well down in sunny Flarda ☀️☀️☀️ Shoot straight my friend! 💥🎯

Reactions: RM100GUY
My stock Vet 2 Tac .25 is the Equalizer in the backyard rodent war. I nailed 2 squirrels in less than 10 sec last week with it using Hades. My Vet 1 Tac .25 has a Pard 008s LRF on it and I'm still learning it's quirks. It's heavy!

View attachment 425449
Wow! That thing looks intimidating 💀
I looked into the Tactical stock when they first came out. I couldn’t get anyone to respond to my inquiries about getting one. It sure looks tough 🦾. You have two Vets!
Which one do you prefer Vet 1 or Vet 2?

@RM100GUY got me onto the Taipan Vet. Got one. Love that thing to pieces! Stupid accurate and built like a tank. And the trigger...well, the trigger is sublime. New scope coming.
View attachment 425453View attachment 425452
Oh yeah! Lovin’ it
What scope are you planning on?
When you get it mounted and if you think about it, please post a picture with the optic on it. I love seeing these things! 🎯🎯🎯

Reactions: wijib
Yep, great guns. I have a .22 Standard, and it has been perfect. I've even thought of getting another original generation variant, since I prefer both the rear cocking lever and the barrel attachment design of the original.
I almost bought a shorty in .25 cal (Mutant I think?). I should have picked it up but I didn’t ”need“ it. Maybe a parts gun should something get destroyed? IDK, I just like them so having two or three around in different calibers can’t hurt, right? 🤣🤣🤣