FX Still Enjoying My FX Royale 400! What Are You Shooting?

Dont get much use, but i am never letting my Cyclone go.
Never say never!

I'm the same, I have an old Air Arms 410SL in walnut. Other than shot count, it's about perfect. I always love showing it to powder shooters at the range. "Wow, that's nicer than any gun I've ever had", is a comment I have heard more than once.

I always wanted a Cyclone, had a thing for Tarantulas too.

When i got my Cyclone, it took about a week or 10 days, then my friend got his Cutlass which is largely the same rifle but with a twist.
But after that or circa 2013 i was out of air gunning for 7 years or so, but when my friend moved to a farm, well excellent hint to pick up where i left.
Before that we shot like 15 M in a garden, not much fun after a while.
Rebuilding range this year so now i can reach af far out as 130 M, where 86 M have been the longest for the past 2 years.

The 5.5 mm Cyclone do not reach that far, or i have never tried that, but the 4.5 mm and slugs, easy to 86 M and absolutely no reason buying splatter targets over 2" in size.

I really like the .25 Streamline I picked up. That was the FX that got me to deal on the Dreamline I have.
Now since I have extra stuff for the Dreamline? I'm checking on what I need to do to put the newer FX barrel system on that Streamline. Most of it looks like just some quick work on the lathe.
I loved my Streamline. I should have never sold it. It was my most accurate airgun. I think I had one of those anomalies that happens when there is just that ONE that shines above the rest.

Reactions: Dairyboy
After my first visit to an EBR in Arizona, I really wanted to be competitive. It looked like so much fun(which it it). I found a used FX 400 for sale at AOA. Someone had used it for EBR, and put it up for sale. At first, it was dipped in a patriotic theme, having the stars and stripes on the stock and a carbon fiber look to the barrel and bottle. The hydro dip on the stock, though very nice, just wasn’t my vision of this rifle. I went to work removing the dip and refinishing the stock. I am very glad I did, beca the wood underneath is beautiful. I did like the carbon fiber look on the barrel and bottle, so I kept it on. It is a custom stock, but I have forgotten the name of the maker. Still an absolute tack driver, only taking second place to my RAW HM 1000x. This is one I will keep to pass down.
Mike

View attachment 426031
That stock is beautiful! It has a very Daystate look about it. I wonder if Steve Corcoran made it?

Here I am Revoman! The Bobcat, Boss, Royale poster child! :ROFLMAO: I don't own a 400 but my Bobcat is .22. I'm a fanatic about the Original Smooth Twist platform in any caliber. Years down the line their accuracy still amazes. Never get tired of it!
Front to back: Bobcat .22, Royale 500 .25, Boss .30View attachment 426194
Ah, there it is! Nice work 👌🏼 That’s a great trio ☘️

A couple favorites hanging out together

IMG_4913.jpeg

I loved my Streamline. I should have never sold it. It was my most accurate airgun. I think I had one of those anomalies that happens when there is just that ONE that shines above the rest.
The only competition I've ever done I used Centercut's Streamline (.22) because I didn't own a .22 at the time. Had 10 minutes to get acquainted with it. I shot a 247 out of 250 with it! The simpler the FX gun, the better I like it.

The only competition I've ever done I used Centercut's Streamline (.22) because I didn't own a .22 at the time. Had 10 minutes to get acquainted with it. I shot a 247 out of 250 with it! The simpler the FX gun, the better I like it.

And, I do know how hard it is to score a 247 on an N50 card at 50Y —— especially with a Revere .22. Congrats Gerry.

I have a new Royale 400 in .22/walnut on order from Pyramid. I have heard some negatives regarding Pyramid but I spoke to a very good sales / technical person there. Mark Welker. Very knowledgeable and very accommodating. I spoke to him about the tarnished reputation that Pyramid seems to have gotten by some in the air gunning hobby. He understood perfectly and went on to say that Pyramid hired him and several other "experts" to help repairthe Pyamid's image. Why did I order from them and not Utah? Pyramid was $100 cheaper and they claimed to have the same delivery date or better than Utah. Go figure.

I have a new Royale 400 in .22/walnut on order from Pyramid. I have heard some negatives regarding Pyramid but I spoke to a very good sales / technical person there. Mark Welker. Very knowledgeable and very accommodating. I spoke to him about the tarnished reputation that Pyramid seems to have gotten by some in the air gunning hobby. He understood perfectly and went on to say that Pyramid hired him and several other "experts" to help repairthe Pyamid's image. Why did I order from them and not Utah? Pyramid was $100 cheaper and they claimed to have the same delivery date or better than Utah. Go figure.

Bill,

Go with your gut feel. Is there a warranty on the new Royale?

PYA uses Air Venturi for rifle repairs, and AV was so-so for me. They had been going through some staffing shortages over the last couple of years, and some AGN members had some responsiveness issues. Perhaps now they will turn it around hopefully. Everyone likes a good comeback story, at least I do.

As you probably have read many times, the FX Royale .22 is nearly ‘bullet proof’ in terms of reliability and has a great reputation. I bought one from SPAW around 5 years ago and it is a very accurate and reliable shooter.

Good luck.
Tom

Reactions: wijib and Dairyboy
Bill,

Go with your gut feel. Is there a warranty on the new Royale?

PYA uses Air Venturi for rifle repairs, and AV was so-so for me. They had been going through some staffing shortages over the last couple of years, and some AGN members had some responsiveness issues. Perhaps now they will turn it around hopefully. Everyone likes a good comeback story, at least I do.

As you probably have read many times, the FX Royale .22 is nearly ‘bullet proof’ in terms of reliability and has a great reputation. I bought one from SPAW around 5 years ago and it is a very accurate and reliable shooter.

Good luck.
Tom
Comes with a one-year warranty. Thanks for your response. I was also considering a Daystate Wolverine. More expensive and heavier but pretty much a toss up for me.

Comes with a one-year warranty. Thanks for your response. I was also considering a Daystate Wolverine. More expensive and heavier but pretty much a toss up for me.

That’s a tough choice.

To the extent that ‘service/warranty repairs’ are very important to your decision, AoA is excellent, responsive and knowledgeable especially with Daystate products.

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss further.

Reactions: wijib
This whole thread is torture for me. I've had two Royale 400s and a 500. I stupidly let them go. I couldn't miss with that 500. Wonderful guns!!!
I can relate to "couldn't miss" with the '500...I shot this 5 shot group at 49 yards "benched" something I rarely ever do with my Bobcat, just to see what it could do...Well... .3" CtC the other day, double checked the range, 49 yards. This Bobcat .25 is astonishing bought it new in '18 never had a lick of trouble out of it, in face I honestly believe it's getting better with age. I'm living full time on my shooting property and getting tons of practice and it's paying off in my groups.
1000002824.jpg