• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Still can't fill tank

I would come over but it's a bit too far from the East coast

I had exactly the same problem when the tank was completely empty 

Try to put some silicone grease around probe seals 

Ask someone to push that probe and maybe wiggle a bit 

Pump as fast as you can 

you just need to create a bit of pressure to seal probe, as soon as you'll have some air in the tank it will be not an issue anymore 

Send me your phone in PM I can try to call you and maybe have video call I'll try to explain how to do that

Keeven, any other fellow airgunners that have compressors or tanks live by you? You just need a quick blast of air to fill you up, it sounds like, then from there on it’s just top offs. I’m assuming the problems you’re having are from the initial fill using a hand pump, correct? 

You may may have to call on Hatsan, or over on the GTA send a pm to a guy named RALLYSHARK. He seems to be the hatsan guru, and knows his stuff.

if and when you get it resolved, you’ll have to look ahead and plan on future fills from zero pressure, for when you service your gun.

Don't know what much about the problem you are having but I can tell you about problems I have had. First you usually have to cock your gun when filling. Now if your bottle is not on the gun, that isn't relevant. Second when filling from an empty gun it is not at all uncommon for the seal to leak and never build up pressure. If that is happening (and you are charging on the gun) it is actually a good idea to not have the gun cocked at least until you get some pressure against the valve. One of the things I had a hard time getting at first was the idea that I was only moving a very small amount of air on each pump and it was therefore very, very, easy for that air to leak out around a fitting which was not connected properly. When that happens you can hardly notice it. You might spray a little soapy water on the outside of a fitting to see if it is leaking while you pump. It will bubble if the fitting is leaking. The pump I just got was pretty hard to figure out. It took about an hour and a half of time to figure out I had a fitting which had to be coupled just right to get the thing to fill a tank. Patience I think is your friend here. Sorry you are having trouble.

If you can’t get it figured out, I live up near Ukiah, in Potter Valley, maybe we can get together and try to figure it out. I have high pressure air we could use to blast the valve closed if that’s what it takes. I’m super busy this time of year though, it might be hard to hook up. PM me if you want to come up and see what we can do

Stori. 

I don't own any PCP guns but this problem for hand pumpers is easy to understand and not the first time i have read about it

just thinking out loud here, could an adapter be made to use a 12gr co2 cartridge to get you started and put pressure on the valve

they make single 12gr cartridge to 88gr set ups, you would have to connect that to your fill probe

as I said just think out loud

https://www.ebay.com/itm/88-gram-Airgun-Rifle-Converter-Adapter-to-12-gram-CO2-Cartridge-Quick-Changer-US/153702478972?hash=item23c961b47c:g:hTQAAOSwgo9dt-S9

I have used these to make 88gr length single 12gr setups for my Hammerli 850's for testing and that short shooting session

IF you are using a hand pump to pump up your rifle as you haven't stated if you have or not. If your pump has a dead head plug in the parts kit plug it into the female coupler and pump up the pressure. That is the best way to make sure your pump fittings aren't leaking. Make sure your bleed valve is closed also. I have a chicom hand pump and it leaked like a sieve when I got it. a little teflon plumbers tape on the threads and I had all sealed up tight. As someone already said, cock the rifle to eliminate the chance that the hammer is pushing against the poppet stem and holding it open. It doesn't take much to keep a hand pump from filling your rifle.