• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Still batting a thousand -

Didn't get into the WMA till a little after 4:00, went to my spot, after 45 minutes or so finally saw two, did my best to stalk to a comfortable range, but they dissapeared.
Then I saw two more close to where I was before my stalk, so I backed out of the edge of the woods into the adjacent clearing so as to not make as much racket.
Upon re-entering the woods, I saw a suspicious lump on a limb close to where the second pair were spotted. Put the scope on the "lump" yep that's a squirrel, but just a little out of range.
Picked a path via limestone outcroppings closer to the intended target, braced my 2250 bottle build on a tree, and looked through my Bushnell AR 6X18 side focus scope for the bogie - wtf? wait, that just it's tail now - it's just moved to the other side of the branch - so I remained braced to the tree, and while I was adjusting the side focus, he moved back into view with his eyes on me, big mistake!

1709515043754.png

Ammo today was 22 caliber Predator 15.89 gr. shorts, easier to single load since the bolt on this build has an extended probe. Please forgive the wordy post for just one squirrel -

What gun is that, looks pretty nice
Thank you! It is based on a Don Cothran 2250 pcp tube, made without end cap threads in order to accept a drop block for the bottle. It also sports a Don Cothran balanced valve, and is regged at 1800 psi with a 4500 psi carbon fiber bottle. The stock was made by Tom West.

Thank you! It is based on a Don Cothran 2250 pcp tube, made without end cap threads in order to accept a drop block for the bottle. It also sports a Don Cothran balanced valve, and is regged at 1800 psi with a 4500 psi carbon fiber bottle. The stock was made by Tom West.
beautiful gun , i like the wood adornment on the stock . Good squirrel also .