Stikman or cheaper Amazon.?

I’ve had both. The Amazon one will get the job done, usually. I really like the Stikman, and it sees a lot of use. The stikman is pretty spendy for what it is, but it was worth it to me. Also, I have called and talked with the owners of the company, who were easy to get in touch with, and answered my questions. That itself is worth something to me, and I remind myself that this is 4500 psi and this hose is clearly marked by the manufacturer as to working and burst pressures. High quality fittings as well.

I’ve had both. The Amazon one will get the job done, usually. I really like the Stikman, and it sees a lot of use. The stikman is pretty spendy for what it is, but it was worth it to me. Also, I have called and talked with the owners of the company, who were easy to get in touch with, and answered my questions. That itself is worth something to me, and I remind myself that this is 4500 psi and this hose is clearly marked by the manufacturer as to working and burst pressures. High quality fittings as well.
Thanks I keep trying reminding myself of the pressure I’m working with.!

How does a stikman work with a plain tank with no valve?
It wouldn’t, it connects to a CGA347 valve to allow for filling. The Saber Tactical valve obviously replaces the standard valve. The ST valves are nice, but you will also need a female to female fill hose, as none is included with the ST valve. The standard Scott valves are very high quality, and they have a very long history of service. The Stikman can also be used on multiple bottles. I also have the ST valves on 2 bottles, they are both great products.

It wouldn’t, it connects to a CGA347 valve to allow for filling. The Saber Tactical valve obviously replaces the standard valve. The ST valves are nice, but you will also need a female to female fill hose, as none is included with the ST valve. The standard Scott valves are very high quality, and they have a very long history of service. The Stikman can also be used on multiple bottles. I also have the ST valves on 2 bottles, they are both great products.
That's why I asked, because he didn't specify if his used tank had a valve already or not. If it already came with one, the ST doesn't make sense for him.

Reactions: Scotty1
Roger that, didn’t mean to sound snarky, but still managed to.
No, not snarky at all buddy. People often seek advice here without giving full context to what they have/need. And all advice typically leads to success for those willing to listen. (But yes, often the written word comes across harsher than. meant. That's the sucky part of no intonation nor facial expressions.)

Last edited:
Hey that’s actually my nickname,”Stickman”, I bought the Stickman tank adapter hose Nov of last year. It leaked from where the gauge attached. It also leaked from one of the fittings. I resealed everything and it works like a dream. Even tho it’s not really needed the gauge is cool. Makes it easy to see tank pressure while in use. I switched positions of the tether fitting and removed the hose and replaced it with a male foster fitting. Now I just connect the Assy to the tank,attach my 60” micro bore hose,plus the easy-peasy fitting and rock on.I have to say after 3.5 yrs that Ed gun filler adapter does help save air. No need to bleed the hose after filling the gun. But the Stickman works great. Kinda pricy but great. Grass..

I bought an expired Scott tank a couple years ago. I then got a "cheapie" fill set off Amazon. I had a big leak and emailed the seller of the tank. He replied quickly and offered another tank but said he was sure it was my fill set. He recommended one from Joe Brancatto that he uses. I bought it, it was a little more than the Stickman but also high quality, and have not regretted it one little bit. The gauge is more accurate than the ones on my guns.

My firemans tank came with what I think is a normal valve for them and works fine. But I removed the spring so you don't have to push on it to rotate it. Five minute "fix". It is easy to modulate the flow with the valve when you get the gun close to full. No need for a high dollar valve.

I bought an expired Scott tank a couple years ago. I then got a "cheapie" fill set off Amazon. I had a big leak and emailed the seller of the tank. He replied quickly and offered another tank but said he was sure it was my fill set. He recommended one from Joe Brancatto that he uses. I bought it, it was a little more than the Stickman but also high quality, and have not regretted it one little bit. The gauge is more accurate than the ones on my guns.

My firemans tank came with what I think is a normal valve for them and works fine. But I removed the spring so you don't have to push on it to rotate it. Five minute "fix". It is easy to modulate the flow with the valve when you get the gun close to full. No need for a high dollar valve.
On Scott valves, and maybe others, you don’t even have to remove the spring. You can just tighten the nut holding the knob on, and it will compress the spring and defeat the spring-lock.

Reactions: Marschb