• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Tuning Sticky Forum tuning guide for FX impact m3

Pretty much any time I log into this site there 2-3 new post about tuning help around the FX impact. 

is there any reason there couldn’t be a sticky or document including detailed explanations about different features/options on the gun. 
Explaining why or why not to use them. 

also walking through the general tuning of the gun, either a long video showing how to test for slug accuracy across velocities. And then fine tuning the valve for tight ES 

making it very clean that it’s not a simple gun…and it requires loads of ammo, and often times hours/days to find the silver bullet. 

The base tune for a reg setting on an Impact is no different than any regulated PCP. Guys just over complicate it and also get obsessed with chronograph numbers concerning their ES. Being able to fine tune with the valve is a nice bonus but if guys can’t grasp finding a base tune to start from at certain reg settings, they probably should have learned on a cheaper regulated gun. Most would find happiness without ever having the need to control the valve. The only sticky needed is just how to find the peak speed for a reg setting and that has been beaten to death. Guys are just too lazy and want numbers and a four leaf clover.

The base tune for a reg setting on an Impact is no different than any regulated PCP. Guys just over complicate it and also get obsessed with chronograph numbers concerning their ES. Being able to fine tune with the valve is a nice bonus but if guys can’t grasp finding a base tune to start from at certain reg settings, they probably should have learned on a cheaper regulated gun. Most would find happiness without ever having the need to control the valve. The only sticky needed is just how to find the peak speed for a reg setting and that has been beaten to death. Guys are just too lazy and want numbers and a four leaf clover.

I agree, so a sticky for basic pcp tuning.

figuring out max power for reg settings and tuning down HS smooth efficient cycle 

New M3 guys won’t look at that sticky. They want numbers, graphs, spreadsheets and “load data”. Seasoned airgunners that own Impacts already know how to find what they’re looking for. Here is something interesting that I guess some guys just can’t grasp but I’ll tell it anyway. Last week my buddy brought me his M3 Compact. It’s the exact gun as mine except bronze. He’s a pellet shooter but wanted me to check his probe alignment and install a probe block. I asked him if he would mind if I duplicated all my settings on his gun to see if it would shoot slugs like mine. He said go for it. Mine is stupid accurate at 915fps. I couldn’t find good accuracy with his until I got down to 880fps but it still wasn’t as good as mine. I raised his reg 5b above mine and started again. I found accuracy that might match mine but the gun was around 895fps. He asked why. Are his gauges or mine off? What’s different? I said who cares, that’s why your gun is yours and mine is mine. But one thing was obvious, I like my gun more than his. If he wants to shoot my same slugs, he might never be able to match my guns performance. If you only worry about your gun, you can enjoy more time shooting than chasing another guys numbers. I could tell, my buddy is already a little disturbed. Good thing he can’t shoot slugs where he lives. Oh and as a kicker, when we returned his gun to his pellet settings, it wasn’t as good as it was before. Even after cleaning the liner. We had to tweak his old settings a little.

Thanks god iv found an impact compact guy hahaa brother, is it .22 or .25? what slugs u found the most accurate with the 500mm barrel and did u use the heavy linear ? I really wanted to change my m3 sniper to a compact setup but didint find any body talking about how accurate that 500mm linear with slugs 

and how many shots per fill does it goes with that setup ? Did u try accuracy in 100 yard test? 

New M3 guys won’t look at that sticky. They want numbers, graphs, spreadsheets and “load data”. Seasoned airgunners that own Impacts already know how to find what they’re looking for. Here is something interesting that I guess some guys just can’t grasp but I’ll tell it anyway. Last week my buddy brought me his M3 Compact. It’s the exact gun as mine except bronze. He’s a pellet shooter but wanted me to check his probe alignment and install a probe block. I asked him if he would mind if I duplicated all my settings on his gun to see if it would shoot slugs like mine. He said go for it. Mine is stupid accurate at 915fps. I couldn’t find good accuracy with his until I got down to 880fps but it still wasn’t as good as mine. I raised his reg 5b above mine and started again. I found accuracy that might match mine but the gun was around 895fps. He asked why. Are his gauges or mine off? What’s different? I said who cares, that’s why your gun is yours and mine is mine. But one thing was obvious, I like my gun more than his. If he wants to shoot my same slugs, he might never be able to match my guns performance. If you only worry about your gun, you can enjoy more time shooting than chasing another guys numbers. I could tell, my buddy is already a little disturbed. Good thing he can’t shoot slugs where he lives. Oh and as a kicker, when we returned his gun to his pellet settings, it wasn’t as good as it was before. Even after cleaning the liner. We had to tweak his old settings a little.

I think FX marketing is partially to blame on this.

no two gun are alike. Yet they market that system as a means of sharing tunes.