Steyr PRO X (Semi-Auto Bullpup)

I think the real reason is that Steyr’s air rifles have not been approved as safe to use through USA agencies and does not have proper liability insurance. It must meet a series of rigorous safety standards which, for whatever reason, has not. I’m not buying the story about interfering with USA sales. If that was the case, Brocock, Daystate, FX and many others would not be sold here. 

I realize this an old thread but want to respond to few things. I have been the sole authorized Steyr importer since 1998. It is not an easy business. Most of my business and my emphasis is 10 meter shooting. Two Olympic Games, 3 World Championships, two Pan Ams and more World Cups than I can count, plus all the American matches like 4H, NCAA, JROTC, USAS and CMP events. Along the way I have took on partners to help with other aspects, like hunting and FT guns. One of these was Jim Stanis of Precision Airguns. About 5 years ago it was brought to my attention that he was having a lot of problems with an exporter from the Netherlands. Several back forths with Steyr, but ultimately nothing was done and Jim walked away from selling Steyr because of it. While i had concerns, I did not think it was hurting my 10 meter business at first. But as time went on it became more and more obvious that it was making a big impact on my sales. I am very small importer, compared to say Walther, or Feinwerkbau or Anschutz. But my prices have to be competitve with the market values that the US importers for those competing brands place on them and my prices ahve been adjsuted accordingly the last 20 years. Krale upsets everything. Their shipping price for UPS is AMAZING. It is cheaper and faster than I can send a similar package two states away. They have they same phenomenon in Europe. they can ship from the Netherlands to various other countries in the EU cheaper than dealers within a country can ship to a customer. It is really strange the shipping rates they have from UPS. esepcially considering that airguns are not shipable at all from most UPS EU countries. That's one very strange thing.

The next thing is not so strange to me because i have dealt with for 20 years. Cost to import, insure, airfreight, brokerages, and pay customs duties on airguns into the US is not cheap. But all my US competitors, like Walther, FWB, Anschutz, have the same costs more or less. Krale does not. They bypass all of this. I literally can buy guns from Krale and have them delivered within 20-30 dollars of what my cost for the same gun is. I have on occasion bought a gun from Krale to satsify an important customer ebcuase I could get much faster than I could direct from the factory and only be 20-30 $ more. Obviously, I can't stay in business like that.

I have dealer rates with the US importers of Walther, Anschutz, Feinwerkbau, the best discounts available to any American dealer. BUT I can literally buy from Krale an ocean away and have an Walther/Anschutz/FWB air rifle delivered to my door cheaper and faster, than I can buy from their legitimate US importers. That's just wrong. 

So finally after several years of this and seeing more and losses, and people wanting me to fix their Krale purchase, I finally told STeyr the same thing that Jim Stanis had told them. Fix this problem, or I am done. I am tired of loosing money fighting an uphill battle. I've worked faithfully to promote STeyr for 20 years, but if you don't stop this, I am done. So finally last year they stopped Krale from US sales. But it is somewhat a case of closing the barn door after the cows get out. and this year with all its Covid craziness, and then firearms sales are through the roof which seems to be hurting airgun sales too. Will the market every recover? stay tuned for the next episode of How the Pellet Rotates. 

I realize this an old thread but want to respond to few things. I have been the sole authorized Steyr importer since 1998. It is not an easy business. Most of my business and my emphasis is 10 meter shooting. Two Olympic Games, 3 World Championships, two Pan Ams and more World Cups than I can count, plus all the American matches like 4H, NCAA, JROTC, USAS and CMP events. Along the way I have took on partners to help with other aspects, like hunting and FT guns. One of these was Jim Stanis of Precision Airguns. About 5 years ago it was brought to my attention that he was having a lot of problems with an exporter from the Netherlands. Several back forths with Steyr, but ultimately nothing was done and Jim walked away from selling Steyr because of it. While i had concerns, I did not think it was hurting my 10 meter business at first. But as time went on it became more and more obvious that it was making a big impact on my sales. I am very small importer, compared to say Walther, or Feinwerkbau or Anschutz. But my prices have to be competitve with the market values that the US importers for those competing brands place on them and my prices ahve been adjsuted accordingly the last 20 years. Krale upsets everything. Their shipping price for UPS is AMAZING. It is cheaper and faster than I can send a similar package two states away. They have they same phenomenon in Europe. they can ship from the Netherlands to various other countries in the EU cheaper than dealers within a country can ship to a customer. It is really strange the shipping rates they have from UPS. esepcially considering that airguns are not shipable at all from most UPS EU countries. That's one very strange thing.

The next thing is not so strange to me because i have dealt with for 20 years. Cost to import, insure, airfreight, brokerages, and pay customs duties on airguns into the US is not cheap. But all my US competitors, like Walther, FWB, Anschutz, have the same costs more or less. Krale does not. They bypass all of this. I literally can buy guns from Krale and have them delivered within 20-30 dollars of what my cost for the same gun is. I have on occasion bought a gun from Krale to satsify an important customer ebcuase I could get much faster than I could direct from the factory and only be 20-30 $ more. Obviously, I can't stay in business like that.

I have dealer rates with the US importers of Walther, Anschutz, Feinwerkbau, the best discounts available to any American dealer. BUT I can literally buy from Krale an ocean away and have an Walther/Anschutz/FWB air rifle delivered to my door cheaper and faster, than I can buy from their legitimate US importers. That's just wrong. 

So finally after several years of this and seeing more and losses, and people wanting me to fix their Krale purchase, I finally told STeyr the same thing that Jim Stanis had told them. Fix this problem, or I am done. I am tired of loosing money fighting an uphill battle. I've worked faithfully to promote STeyr for 20 years, but if you don't stop this, I am done. So finally last year they stopped Krale from US sales. But it is somewhat a case of closing the barn door after the cows get out. and this year with all its Covid craziness, and then firearms sales are through the roof which seems to be hurting airgun sales too. Will the market every recover? stay tuned for the next episode of How the Pellet Rotates. 

dude, your online store looks like trash compared to krales.

you dont even list all steyr rifles and you are wondering, why people are not ordering from you ?