Steyr Steyr Pro X....Interesting Air Gun.

My Steyr Pro X is a difficult gun not to like...Shot a few groups today at 30 and 45 yards using JSB 18s. This platform isn't one to make big HSA adjustments at least mine doesn't like big adjustments...too much or too little and the mag will jam...but my guns sweet spot happens to be 874 fps...right where I wanted it anyway...shooting off the attached bipod and bag in the rear on my plastic bench dime size groups at 30 and sub quarter at 45 y were easy...trigger isn't capable of much better but good enough. This gun can sure go through a bunch of pellets and I didn't keep track of the shot count but must be around 70+.Dosn't like Crosman domes at all...So 874 fps 30+ fpe dime at 30 quarter or better at 45 without cocking...(has better in it with better bench) interesting
20231130_120945.jpg
20231130_141350.jpg
20231130_140240.jpg
fun gun!

I have the short one. Mine is shooting 15-grain pellets, about 840. 840FPS pellets exit most squirrels so fast enough. I find the 15-grain H& N shoots a bit better than the jsb. I get dime-size ten shot groups 40 yards and have killed a few squirrels at 50 yards. I do love this little rifle. So far, mine has not malfunctioned. It is a tremendous off-hand gun. I have a 5x Immersive on it, perfect fit IMO. The factory shroud works pretty well. My only complaint is that I wish it were lighter when hiking the National Forest. But is fine for a 2-mile hike. German-made stuff is tough to beat.

I thought about skeletonizing mine but that's better left to a woodworker aficionado.

If I could find super extra high rings that would save some weight too then I could remove the riser mount.

But there's still the pop by my ear.

Instead of the 22 cal full size I have now I kinda wish I had ended up with a 12 fpe ProX Scout in 17 cal because I mostly use the gun for closer plinking on steel.

Reactions: jakeb