Steyr Steyr new semi-auto range

I hope this would get Steyr more into the range/market of non-competition shooters :)

I own the Steyr Pro X and LP50 - they are my favorites over my BRK Ghost and Leshiy 2 which are just a bit behind. I´ve had many "high end" PCP´s, but Steyr is keeper for me.

It looks very promising - their PCP´s are very simple but the most accurate I have owned. You can but anything into them and they are precise! You cannot (officially) adjust much - they will be set up from factory 6J, 7,5J, 16J or 24J in .177.

The LP50 action - if you own a LP50 the ekstra parts will be available to make your LP50 silenced with a stock to make it a carbine. You can pick your own AR stock due to its universal AR stock fitting. So you can build your "own" carbine with the universal stock and 1/2UNF silencer. Very promising.

Prices. are not set - but Steyr are in the expensive range, so my guess is the LP50 action is around 1800euro and the Air models around 2600euro

Skærmbillede 2024-04-27 kl. 09.38.29.png

Skærmbillede 2024-04-27 kl. 09.38.40.png

Last edited:
I hope this would get Steyr more into the range/market of non-competition shooters :)

I own the Steyr Pro X and LP50 - they are my favorites over my BRK Ghost and Leshiy 2 which are just a bit behind. I´ve had many "high end" PCP´s, but Steyr is keeper for me.

It looks very promising - their PCP´s are very simple but the most accurate I have owned. You can but anything into them and they are precise! You cannot (officially) adjust much - they will be set up from factory 6J, 7,5J, 16J or 24J in .177.

The LP50 action - if you own a LP50 the ekstra parts will be available to make your LP50 silenced with a stock to make it a carbine. You can pick your own AR stock due to its universal AR stock fitting. So you can build your "own" carbine with the universal stock and 1/2UNF silencer. Very promising.

Prices. are not set - but Steyr are in the expensive range, so my guess is the LP50 action is around 1800euro and the Air models around 2600euro

View attachment 459454

View attachment 459455
Very cool... being a steyr guy myself they appear to be an old dog in new fur... so to speak. but hey, anything Steyr is like amazing.
Stock by Jose Valencia in Florida.

IMG_6848.jpeg

Very cool!

Let us in on the weights of them ASAP.

I use my ProX primarily for plinking and at 30 fpe in 22 cal it's a bit loud in my ear so it'd be neat to get a 17 cal at around 12 fpe to "hopefully??" tame that sound some and give more shots per fill.

But yes those Steyrs of mine, LP5, LGB1, and ProX, have been fantastic guns compared to most other pcp's I've owned over the years. Well except for the LG100 converted to 18 fpe, when they first came out, which needed some bugs sorted. Even this one, which a friend fixed, and afterwards me selling it to a guy back east, he had won the state match with it.

Very cool!

Let us in on the weights of them ASAP.

I use my ProX primarily for plinking and at 30 fpe in 22 cal it's a bit loud in my ear so it'd be neat to get a 17 cal at around 12 fpe to "hopefully??" tame that sound some and give more shots per fill.

But yes those Steyrs of mine, LP5, LGB1, and ProX, have been fantastic guns compared to most other pcp's I've owned over the years. Well except for the LG100 converted to 18 fpe, when they first came out, which needed some bugs sorted. Even this one, which a friend fixed, and afterwards me selling it to a guy back east, he had won the state match with it.
A simple moderator will tame the bark - the weihrauch works best to my ears

Reactions: Nutcracker
My Pro X Scout is not loud at all with the factory shroud & super quiet with any moderator. If there is one thing to complain about it, IMO it is a tad heavy for a long walk in the woods. But for offhand real-life hunting situations, it is hard to beat; it really seems to shoot itself.

These new additions do look interesting.
20230924_133538.jpg

My Pro X Scout is not loud at all with the factory shroud & super quiet with any moderator. If there is one thing to complain about it, IMO it is a tad heavy for a long walk in the woods. But for offhand real-life hunting situations, it is hard to beat; it really seems to shoot itself.

View attachment 459690
Gorgeous!

It could use a moderator too but moreso how it sounds near the ear where the air goes through the magazine. Mine might not be adjusted correctly as far as the gap but I haven't shot another ProX to be able to tell if mine is more loud than others or not.

Reactions: cavedweller

View attachment 459690
WOW!
That is some talented carving!!
I'd be scared to ever take it outside in fear of a scratch on the stock
What an Awesome rifle!

Reactions: Nutcracker
It could use a moderator too but moreso how it sounds near the ear where the air goes through the magazine. Mine might not be adjusted correctly as far as the gap but I haven't shot another ProX to be able to tell if mine is more loud than others or not.
I got it. Mine does have a little of that, but it does not bother me at all. My AGT guns were the worst. I am using the Steyr factory Shroud(part 94) with the insert, and I am happy with it. I think the Steyr Shroud looks better than a moderator.

see part 94.

Do you know how the Steyr silenced shroud compares to a silencer?
My Steyr is the short one—22 cal 16 grains, about 850 fps. The factory shroud, part 94, is not as quiet as an add-on moderator but is still very effective. I don't see myself using an add-on moderator again. So, compared to a good moderator, it is maybe 2/3 as effective. I got mine from Pilkington when I bought my prox. The internal baffle is not really stout. While cleaning the barrel , I had a baffle in the shroud & part of it exposed, it fell to the ground, and the baffle broke. But it will not break inside the shroud. Just saying in case you get one.

Reactions: msg1979
Yepr sounds like the ProX needs an adjustment