• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Steyr LP50 Pellet recommendation

Steve,

I'm bummed to hear that Krale are no longer exporting. I've lusted after a new Steyr EVO for competition 10m but the truth of the matter is that I can't shoot as well as my LP10 can perform.

The https://www.bullseyeforum.net/ is another venue where you might find a LP50's for sale.

Nick, I have the LP50 compact. I went with this model because I wanted to emulate my Walther GSP that I use for Bulls Eye competition. Pilkguns will convert mine to an LP50 HP for $50. Apparently some of the latter models are easy to upgrade. Unless you know differently I believe that there is more to it than just adjusting the regulator.

Cheers, Paul

Yes, total bummer that Krale no longer sells Steyr to the US. Good call on the bullseyeforum, I have seen used LP50's for sale there also. I was just about to buy an EVO 10 from Krale when they changed policy. Luckily I was recently able to pick up a used/like new EVO 10 off TT for a great price!

Steyr responded to an inquiry as to updating the standard LP50 to HP back in May, 2017 with the following:

"It is possible to increase energy of LP 50 to 14 Joule from serial number 817111 approximately.
If your pistol has got a higher serial number you would need to change the regulator and the hammer spring."

Seems like a good buy at $50 from Pilks if in fact, they do replace the reg and HS and you can live with the shot count. From what I was told, the HP compact gets about 15 shots @ 673 fps per fill with 8 grain pellets, the standard size gets 25 @ 722 fps . There is another version of the LP50, the RF (Rapid Fire) which is 7.5 joule and gets 40 and 80 shots respectively using 8.18 g. Unfortunately I have never seen one for sale, even at Krale.

Keep in mind these pistols are very tunable. If you went to the HP you could adjust it for a good compromise of velocity and shot count for your specific needs. I had a LP50 Compact (not HP) that, from the factory, shot a 7.2g pellet at 495 fps. Adjusted the HS 3 turns CCW netted 550 fps. Felt like there was more to be had but stopped there.

My new EVO 10!

1594322458_19873075055f076e1a1026a5.86970253.jpg