Steyr LP50 HP?

I agree with Gwelo, the Steyr LPS is a great pistol. I bought a used one and had AZ tune it up in power and put on one of his shrouds. It’s shooting at 720 using the JSB 10.34 heavy, for about 25 shots. The grip is very comfortable and not bulky. Before the shroud it was definitely not backyard friendly, a very loud pop that turned heads. Incredible accuracy with the pistol too.

Hi Dave! Glad to see you are a member here. The LP S in my picture above is the one you now own! Would love to see pics of what it looks like now that AZ has worked his magic on it. Cheers!

Nick

Hey Nick, the pistol is fantastic. I just sent it back to AZ because he’s making a part for another one and needed to actually see the part in order to be able to copy it. But as soon as I get it back I’ll post pictures of it, and groups too. With his shroud that loud pop is now completely gone. And the extra zip makes it a 40 yard bench pistol! And best of all the same accuracy as when it was the 10 meter gun. 

Hey Nick, the pistol is fantastic. I just sent it back to AZ because he’s making a part for another one and needed to actually see the part in order to be able to copy it. But as soon as I get it back I’ll post pictures of it, and groups too. With his shroud that loud pop is now completely gone. And the extra zip makes it a 40 yard bench pistol! And best of all the same accuracy as when it was the 10 meter gun.

can you give me details of the work done? I called a USA dealer to ask about increasing the FPS and they said it makes it unreliable as far as action cycling. 

thanks

I was just taking to Allen about a problem with the cycling of the stick magazine. When it was stock it had no problem ever with cycling. Then after AZ did the work l noticed a slight difference in the way it cycled, it still worked fine but it had a bit of hesitation as you worked the cocking lever. Finally after many tins of pellets it started to stick at the hesitation point and you would have to help it through the cycle manually. Allen walked me through the barrel adjustment and it made more room for the stick magazine to glide all the way through the five shots. He explained to me that there was going to be a bigger puff of air coming out by the magazine because of the looser fit. It works great again and I don’t notice that much difference in the puff of air. The magazine snugs up against a o ring and that’s a problem spot if you try to change this type of pistol. AZ said a better choice for a super quiet long range pistol is the single shot because there’s no magazine moving and all the air goes out the muzzle. I still love the gun though, and I’ll post pictures of it and groups at 35 and 60 yards. I wouldn’t recommend changing this type of pistol though. And I must mention that AZ also joined the two air tubes forming one long tube, that’s the only reason it gets that many shots!

1586742382_12911504625e93c46e58f686.60051529.jpeg
1586742383_16593950875e93c46f9aa799.52515280.jpeg
1586742386_4198135075e93c472de4940.85494245.jpeg
I really like my Steyr LPS custom. It’s got a shroud and it’s really quiet. Here’s some groups I just shot this evening. It’s my favorite pistol by far ( even though it’s a mini rifle without a butt stock!) lol. It loves the JSB 10.34 grain pellet. I really like the 5 shot stick magazine. Shooting was off of bags and bench. A.Z. did the custom work, he joined the two air tubes and made the shroud. I really like this style of grip, it’s not too big and my hand can adjust to it in different positions when shooting off the bags. There’s quite a few different choice’s of grips I think. Including ones that you carve to fit your hand.

steve123, I just got done talking with Allen and I asked him about a power tune. He said he tried several times with the LP5 and it always had the same problem. The cycling mechanism is over powered by the additional power and it skips shots. He said that the air is calibrated to work the semi auto mechanism perfectly. He finally gave up on the LP5 power tuning. Man that would be a bad ass pistol though.

I have an LP50, actually 2 ! Steyr make small, medium, large, left and right in their match style wood, and Rink make similar. I also have a 1911 style grip , that I bought from USA, for ambidextrous use. . I seem to remember that Rink offer custom fit, if you send them your measurements. Mine were both previously owned, one was used for competition and both had been well looked after . The grips are easy to swap, and the Steyr models are adjustable. Pilkinton from Monteagle TN supplied the 1911 grip, 

steve123, I just got done talking with Allen and I asked him about a power tune. He said he tried several times with the LP5 and it always had the same problem. The cycling mechanism is over powered by the additional power and it skips shots. He said that the air is calibrated to work the semi auto mechanism perfectly. He finally gave up on the LP5 power tuning. Man that would be a bad ass pistol though.

GTK, thanks Dave.

I'll put that idea to rest, darn!

@Baby Sherman... Hi you wrote Cory, I assume you meant CORKY , so I'll chime in anyway. I am in UK , not US . The favourite Forum in UK seems to be AirgunBBS .com. I found both my pistols there. They are however the popular normal length and power level for ISSF 10 metre pistol shooting (as in Olympics). There are no Steyr pistols currently on sale in AirgunBBS , nor on Airgun Nation, and haven't been for a year or more. A used Steyr LP 50 would expect to fetch about £1,000 , if you can find one. It seems to me you either beg or borrow at the club and when. inevitably, the bug bites you ask if anyone knows of one for sale, and hope the grapevine or the old boy network comes up with the goods. I am not a competition type of guy, I appreciate the accuracy and workmanship of these pistols, and shoot for the love of it. Steyr are in a world of their own with this ISSF pistol, they know what they are doing and I love it for what it is.... no dovetail rail , red dots, or power hikes for me. We have been shooting PCP and springer in the garden, but I couldn't resist a peek in the Steyr case, Mmmm. Good luck with your search

The LP50 HP is VERY VERY VERY LOUD!!! Almost like shooting a 22 Rimfire in your back yard. The standard LP50 is just LOUD! They are not designed to be quiet in any way shape or form. They are specifically used in rapid fire competition where shooters wear hearing protection anyway. I have the semiauto co2 Drulovs one 5 shot mag fed similar to the LP50 and the other inline nose to tail fed 6 shot version and those are very quiet in comparison. Steyrs IMHO are the LOUDEST PCPS money can buy in both rifle and pistol form. YO!