• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Steyr LP 50 ?

Hello just joined, but have been a lurker for a while.
I’m interested in getting a steyr air pistol, and I’m not sure about something.
It seems to me that the lp50 is sold in different velocity models. I wondered if the HP can be throttled back if one wants to stretch out the tank to get more shots?
Can the single shot evo10 be adjusted up to get a little more velocity to shoot 25 yards and beyond.
I don’t want a pistol for only 10 meter competition.
Any and all advice welcomed.
Thanks
Fred
I posted this in the wrong discussion since I’m a newbie and moved it over Here.
Thanks
Fred

I don’t have either but I have an older LP1 and it does have a power adjuster. Mine is heavily modified and will go up to 17-18 ftlbs. I don’t know what the range is in the 10 or 50 models.

I would reach out to these guys.

It seems to me that the lp50 is sold in different velocity models. I wondered if the HP can be throttled back if one wants to stretch out the tank to get more shots?
You probably want the RF model. It's a compromise between the 10m match and the HP versions. 🙂 The HP can be backed out a bit by adjusting the striker spring, but not very much. The LP50 consists of some fine-tuned mechanics, and if tampered with too much, it stops working. The regulator is fixed (it can be adjusted, but it is cumbersome and you need a spesial tool to read the output pressure when adjusted). All in all, find the version that serves you best, and leave it as it is and it will serve you well for many years. 🙂👍

Can the single shot evo10 be adjusted up to get a little more velocity to shoot 25 yards and beyond.
Thanks
Fred
I posted this in the wrong discussion since I’m a newbie and moved it over Here.
Thanks
Fred
The evo10 is a high end gun made for 10m match, with the limitations that entails. As with the LP50 the velocity can be adjusted a bit, but not much. What I assume you can do, is to switch out the regulator and the striker spring with the LP50 RF counterparts, and by that gain some more output velocity. 🙂

I've had a Morini 162E which is single shot Olympic pistol. Of course it was awesome! But I found myself shooting the Steyr LP5 most of the time so I eventually sold the Morini.

I'm a decent pistol shot and when shooting offhand there's no way I could shoot the difference between both pistols even though the Morini was slightly more precise. Your talking the difference between the Steyr shooting a larger one hole group vs the Morini's smaller one hole group. This is off a rest at 10M.

I just use JSB 7.9 or 8.4 gr dome pellets to stretch the distance out. Using a red dot sight it's pretty easy to hit my little 1.25" steels at 30Y when its calm out. IIRC the 8.4's are going about 450 fps. Much the same on 2.5" steels at 50Y. It's the wind that is the problem when trying to hit stuff farther out not the precision capabilty of this pistol.

The fun part is using semiauto to shoot as fast as you can to make hits! A ton more fun than single loading!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: cavedweller
Thank you both for your replies. I’m keeping an eye out for an lp50. I’m hoping to get a used one. Or an lp5. Since I’m new to all of this, I’ll need to get either type of propellant.
Have you checked the "for sale" section ?
There was a full kit (LP50) there the other day. You may have to go back a few pages. Or...check the "search" function, that should also bring it up.

The "propellant" for the LP50 is...air . You'll need a hand pump in the least. That's how I fill mine.

Mike

They are incredibly accurate and such a pleasure to shoot.
Allen Zasadney built this Steyr LPS for me, (on the blanket) it’s a .177 that’s shooting in the 800’s.
He has two LP50 actions right now that he is going to convert to this incredible pistol, I took one so he has one left.
They are .22 and will have the FX superior liner barrel and his shroud, along with his scope riser machined out of one piece of aluminum.
He just finished this one and sent it to a lucky customer.
He told me that he could shoot it more accurately than a rifle off of a front rest and rear bag, because there’s no cheek weld and only the trigger hand touches the gun.
I believe he said they are shooting in the mid 800’s so pretty hot for a short gun.
No idea when I’ll get mine, but I will definitely post about it.
If you want to have a dream pistol, these definitely fit the bill!

C89AFFC8-427A-44A3-B8D3-DD6AB3D61F96.png

D939A2EF-39F2-4A2A-A2C7-CA99EE452607.png

829D403F-3F43-427A-B9B8-368B5BA8C39D.jpeg

Fred, the Steyr LPS stayed .177 caliber it’s a five shot stick magazine with a biathlon cocking lever.
The Steyr LP50 is single shot.
The pistol’s are so much fun to shoot, and with the power cranked up they are pretty flat shooting and hard hitting as well.
I just spoke with Allen and mine should be done in a few weeks, I’ll be sure to post about it!

They are incredibly accurate and such a pleasure to shoot.
Allen Zasadney built this Steyr LPS for me, (on the blanket) it’s a .177 that’s shooting in the 800’s.
He has two LP50 actions right now that he is going to convert to this incredible pistol, I took one so he has one left.
They are .22 and will have the FX superior liner barrel and his shroud, along with his scope riser machined out of one piece of aluminum.
He just finished this one and sent it to a lucky customer.
He told me that he could shoot it more accurately than a rifle off of a front rest and rear bag, because there’s no cheek weld and only the trigger hand touches the gun.
I believe he said they are shooting in the mid 800’s so pretty hot for a short gun.
No idea when I’ll get mine, but I will definitely post about it.
If you want to have a dream pistol, these definitely fit the bill!

View attachment 344118

View attachment 344119

View attachment 344120
WoW just wow

Thanks
Fred
Thanks
Fred
If you buy an LP50 HP - you can have pilkington tweak it back for you