• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Steyr LG110 and HUMA regulator

Being the regulator body is also the connector between air tube and receiver / valve housing. You can't very well pull the guts out because you have the atmospheric vent hole that would leak.

While the PP700 chinese pistols use a semi knock off of very similar design ... have done exactly the above with it but it was IMO not worth destroying the reg body too do.

A purpose built jumper manifold REPLACING the entire reg would be the correct solution before putting a HuMa into the air tube.

JMO tho ....

It's a 20fpe FT version and blowing few shots doesn't help at all , 50 yards are not to bad but I'm sure can be better.

I did reassembly and clean factory regulator but no change I can have 20 fps different from shoot to shoot then few consistent within 1-2 fps then jump to 10fps, few consistent ..........

That's why I got huma reg to see if helps with anything, I install it yesterday but after removing all the guts from factory one all the air leaks like crazy from the reg area when I screw on air tube and leaving all the guts in doesn't make sense. 

From huma site "When the Huma-Air is fitted you can bridge or set the Steyr factory reg on maximum pressure so it has no function anymore. " don't know what they mean by BRIDGE (also Scott mention that) or how to set factory one to max pressure.

Any ideas?

B

IMO, a properly functioning Steyr is better than the Huma. As Scott said, the design doesn't allow you to remove the Steyr reg innards, as the air will just leak out the hole. The Huma site instructs to set the Steyr reg at its maximum, thereby effectively rendering the rifle unregulated, and then adjust the Huma reg. I would have the Steyr reg replaced or serviced. I believe the tech at Pilkington Competition (Buck Parson) can help you. I think most of their work is 10 meter Olympic rifles, but I believe he will help you. 

I'm with Hubertus on this one. The LG100 series regs are typically phenomenal but the SMALLEST amount of contamination on the striker will cause it to be highly erratic. It is a very light striker with not very long stroke.

On mine, a SMALL dab of grease migrated from my bolt to the striker and caused slightly lower velocity overall, but 100 + fps es. The striker has a flat that needs to be aligned well so as not to have drag on the bolt, also. If you've adjusted the hammer spring, it can torque the striker out of alignment. 

Jusyt my experiences with it.

Bob

Didn't touch the hammer or hammer spring and everything looks clean.

Also I think I find my answer to how to change regulator pressure by moving washers inside from ))())()() to (())(()) and eliminating one of the washers. Will give it a try and see what's happening.

B

NO no no !!!!

The reg is adjustable externally !! On the tube attachment side of reg where the safety valve is depressed is a cover over the adjuster with a slot in it. Remove cover with a small screw driver.

Under it is the seat height adjustment screw. CW will lower set point & CCW will raise it. ONLY TURN IT 1/10 of a turn or less either way each adjustment and make a felt pin mark where you started !!

DO NOT TAKE THE REG APART unless you have a STEYR regulator testing fixture !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't touch the hammer or hammer spring and everything looks clean.

Also I think I find my answer to how to change regulator pressure by moving washers inside from ))())()() to (())(()) and eliminating one of the washers. Will give it a try and see what's happening.

B

NO no no !!!!

The reg is adjustable externally !! On the tube attachment side of reg where the safety valve is depressed is a cover over the adjuster with a slot in it. Remove cover with a small screw driver.

Under it is the seat height adjustment screw. CW will lower set point & CCW will raise it. ONLY TURN IT 1/10 of a turn or less either way each adjustment and make a felt pin mark where you started !!

DO NOT TAKE THE REG APART unless you have a STEYR regulator testing fixture !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you incorrect, maybe you talking about LG100?

I got the regulator out and didn't see anything that could be adjusted externally , but I could be mistaking

Also found this :

Scan_20200906.1599419963.jpg

But that was after I assembled everything , so as for now my washer layout looks like this (())(())( did need to use all nine washers to have air go thru.

Going to do some shooting and will report back later

B

B,

100% of what Scott said. Also, after rebuilding several Steyr regulators, any fly spec of anything in the regulator, and it won't work right. Again as Scott said, if you don't have a regulator tester, don't take it apart. If you already have taken it apart, then its a moot point. The piston has a tiny o ring on it, that sometimes needs to be changed. Also, the face of the piston (the bottom) sometimes needs to be polished. I used 20,000 grit polishing compound on it, and made it like a mirror. I did have a regulator tester, though.

I have a video on my channel, where I take it apart, and clean it, but not messing with any adjustments. 

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

Scott, thank you for your input but my goal at this point was to eliminate steyr regulator and have huma do the work.

Tom, I watch your video and did reassembled and clean the regulator but didn't make anything better that's when I decide to try huma.

So far I didn't see fps jumping as before , need to do more shooting today and will report back

Thanks guys!

B

B, 

Keep in mind, that if you do not sort your pellets by weight and head size, you will get fps spreads that are significant.

Just for comparison, I shoot at 12 ft.lbs exclusively. That translates to an 8.44 grain JSB @ 798 fps or thereabouts. Taking pellets straight from the tin, with almost any gun, i get a spread of almost 30 fps.

Ive taken and weighed a tin of those same pellets in the past, and have found that there are weights from 8. 18 grains, all the way up to 8.74 grains. If they are the same head size (which they won't be) you get a speed variation of over 20 fps, just from their weight variation. Factor in some different head sizes, that fps spread increases more. 

In order to truly figure out if the regulator is not doing its job, you need to start with sorted ammo. Once you've done that, and the results are the same, then you can say it's 100% the regulator. If you sort your pellets as i have done above, and your spread goes into the single digits, your regulator is fine, and you need to pay more attention on your ammo you feed it.

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech