• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Steyr LG 110 High Power Hunting .22 Info/Review Please

I am the happy owner of a Steyr challenge HP in 5.5, the rifle is new and very beautifull.
So out of the box it gave me 45 joules with a maximum of 50 joules, very powerful and very noisy and inaccurate at both 25m and 50m.
The conclusion is that the regulator is very high.
Take it apart and take out a 0.1mm spacer into the regulator, and lower the power to a max of 44joules.
Much improved, more accurate and less noisy. Low spread.
I would like to lower the regulator a little more so that the maximum is 42 joules and with the hammer lower it to 39.
I will have to do it with the regulator screw, for the result I estimate a maximum of 1/10 of a turn.

I can get 40 shots per fill from 200 bar

I bought a Huma regulator In case I couldn't solve the issue of the regulator. .But now I'm in doubt about placing it as a double regulator or removing the inside of the original regulator plus the valve of the air tube and thus enlarging the plenum.

Jorge

Eli, accuracy in any of these top shelf rifles is, on average, superb. The difference is in the individual barrel. I've owned this rifle, and it is fantastic. That said, it's single shot, long, and loud. The Steyr suppressor adapter works fine, but it makes a long rifle very long. As with most Euro rifles, the platform was probably not designed with higher power applications in mind. The trigger is one of the best, and it loads easily. In fact, I enjoyed the single loading process. In a hunting scenario, one would need a plan for carrying and accessing pellets. In short, it is a marvelous rifle, but it is not of a design that most US shooters prefer. If one were a FT shooter, the shorter FT version in .177 would be a real keeper. For an all-purpose rifle, you just have to consider all the features, both offered, and absent. 

Hi jorge

I have 4 steyr ( LG110 & CHALLENGE ).

Two in 16 j and one in 27 and one in 42 j.

In 42 j steyr lg110 I have removed the steyr reg and put a huma one in the cylinder giving the regulator space to a larger plenum and the result was very exciting.

Less tolerace and more accuracy and more shots ( I changed the steyr cylinder with a 380 cc kral arm cylinder).