Steyr info?

Got a chance at RMAC to check out the Steyr guns. Brian from Edgun West is involved as many know but they are on their own site separate from the Edguns. Had hoped to see more people share their experience with them as they seemed to have started or been in the mix when quality semi-auto airguns first hit the market. Some are very compact and seen perfect for a field gun. If you aren't familiar please check them out and if you have experience please share. I'm thinking I found my new WFT rifle for Worlds next year and possibly a new squirrel gun.
20230616_152246.jpg

Unfortunately, no Steyr is cheap. Just lately with the newer Daystate guns have the Steyr prices become sort of competitive. I know, very different guns, but $3000 is $3000 for the Pro X pictured above.
I'd like to have a Pro X, but...

I do...have a Steyr LP50 Sport. Another quality gun that yeah, I spent a lot of money for.

Mike

I own several Steyr’s
I typically purchased from Pilkington in the USA because they are very competent, competition oriented and have a great gunsmith on site.
LG100 <20 ftlbs
LP50HP - 24 Jules
Hunting 5SA .22 - 40 Jules
Pro X 10 .22 - 40 Jules
Hunting challenge HFT <20 ftlbs
Steyr quality is top notch
buy once cry once 💰
I recently sold my LP50 and Hunting 5SA - silly! But the only thing worse than not having a Steyr is owning one that you’re not using!
Even more impressive is sending a Steyr to Allen Z for his additions my LG100 is an example, modernized with the most recent adjustability features. Hunting 5SA the ProX10 and my newest Hunting Challenge HFT are sweet because you can unscrew the airtube and screw in another!
71037819202__36F0B131-FFB1-438C-889D-7AC067461F23.jpeg

IMG_5747.jpeg

Last edited:
I never invisioned myself owning a simi auto airgun let alone a Steyr but just happened to have the funds from another high end airgun sale on hand when a Pro X came available on the classifieds by a reputable member...figured I could resell it if I didn't like it....I will say there is no way in the world I would have paid retail just to see if I liked the thing or not, but having experienced this make and model I would pay retail now especially if I was starting over in the hobby. I just consider the Pro X an airrifle that doesn't have to be cocked for 10 shots, more so than being a semi auto...I have yet to do a "mag dump, ,waste of pellets to me...but I have shot many precision 5 or 10 shot groups without having to cock the rifle...I like it! I like the "old world" type build quility conservative styling and the accuracy. I've had at least two members contact me for help and advice concerning their Stey's...both Scout shorter barrel models...tuning, barrel cleaning, and pellet choice issues...all resolved...I guess there isn't a lot of them out there yet. I posted extensively dur
20230630_132801.jpg
ing my familiarization period about groups and preformamce...This Steyr Pro X is right up there with my Taipan Veteran...anyone who has followed my posts over the years understands just how profound a statement that is...I just mounted a Crimison Trace scope on my Pro X but haven't shot it much yet...Is it just me or is this a nice "piece of kit"...

I never invisioned myself owning a simi auto airgun let alone a Steyr but just happened to have the funds from another high end airgun sale on hand when a Pro X came available on the classifieds by a reputable member...figured I could resell it if I didn't like it....I will say there is no way in the world I would have paid retail just to see if I liked the thing or not, but having experienced this make and model I would pay retail now especially if I was starting over in the hobby. I just consider the Pro X an airrifle that doesn't have to be cocked for 10 shots, more so than being a semi auto...I have yet to do a "mag dump, ,waste of pellets to me...but I have shot many precision 5 or 10 shot groups without having to cock the rifle...I like it! I like the "old world" type build quility conservative styling and the accuracy. I've had at least two members contact me for help and advice concerning their Stey's...both Scout shorter barrel models...tuning, barrel cleaning, and pellet choice issues...all resolved...I guess there isn't a lot of them out there yet. I posted extensively durView attachment 371848ing my familiarization period about groups and preformamce...This Steyr Pro X is right up there with my Taipan Veteran...anyone who has followed my posts over the years understands just how profound a statement that is...I just mounted a Crimison Trace scope on my Pro X but haven't shot it much yet...Is it just me or is this a nice "piece of kit"...
Definitely a nice piece of kit! I am totally impressed with my Pro X! (purchased from Airgun Sport). Bought my LP5 from Pilkington and wish I had kept it! For more power(which I’m not sure I need) I shoot my Uragan 2 .22 600 which is also a nice pice of kit!

Reactions: cavedweller
Definitely a nice piece of kit! I am totally impressed with my Pro X! (purchased from Airgun Sport). Bought my LP5 from Pilkington and wish I had kept it! For more power(which I’m not sure I need) I shoot my Uragan 2 .22 600 which is also a nice pice of kit!
I’m thinking that a .177 Steyr of any kind with a 4 shot tray, might be the perfect field target platform 🫶 I do love Steyrs for their quality and reliability!

I've had these 3 Chassis types pass threw my hands these past 10 years .... Used in the FT discipline.
FWB P70 FT
Steyr LG100
Thomas Air

None stuck around becoming cherished possessions .... There feel too slim, too cold and not ergonomic correct for my personal style of shooting.
ALL were stellar AG's in a mechanical sense and quality absolutely top tier. Come end of the day .. use what fits and makes you happy. :D

Reactions: cavedweller
Oh they are indeed nice. But you do not have any choice but to finger load the pellet into the breech.

View attachment 394218

I have four perfectly good FT rifles at my disposal. And yet here I am staring at your Steyr Challenge Hunting wondering why I don't have one of these yet?? I find this gun just drop dead gorgeous. I shot one at our club match and fell in love. So cavedwelller, let me know if you ever find yourself 'not using' this beauty. :love:

I have four perfectly good FT rifles at my disposal. And yet here I am staring at your Steyr Challenge Hunting wondering why I don't have one of these yet?? I find this gun just drop dead gorgeous. I shot one at our club match and fell in love. So cavedwelller, let me know if you ever find yourself 'not using' this beauty. :love:
PM me when ya have a moment.