• The Airgun Nation App is ready for iOS users! It should be available for Android users any minute! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Steyr Hunting 5 - New model coming or just a coincidence?

I would imagine that they aren't selling well compared to the auto version. The price is about the same for the regular or auto version so except the complexity I don't see why anyone would take the repeating version. 

I'm asking this since I saw an auto 5 scout for sale at about 1.600 EUR (1840 USD) and my wallet is again shaking again, but like I said the title I was wondering if there is something new on the horizon. 

I just bought a previously loved Hunting 5 Semi Auto, and man is it everything they say and more. It is accurate way beyond my skills and just a blast to shoot. I will say the only down side is that I go through ammo and air a lot faster than other guns as the temptation to rattle off 5 quick shots is too much for my brain to not make my finger do that. Just get one, and who cares if a new model comes out... there is always new models. This one is so great though. 

I personally don't think I would mind the non-auto one, as cocking it doesn't even seem like something you have to remove your finger from the trigger for.