Steyr Hunting 5 Auto Scout .22 - Questions

Hello!

I just got this in the mail. Couple of questions.

1) The fill probe it came with did not have the foster fitting that makes it work with my fill line, so I ordered one off of Amazon. It showed up, but the has a poor fitting and leaks air. So I am ordering a new one from a different brand.

Interesting enough, I looked at the probe for my Edgun L2 and while they looked different the o-rings and hole seemed to line up. very closely. I went ahead and "gave it a shot". Well it worked. I have filled the gun with that probe to 200 bar no problem about 4 or 5 times now. So I assume I should be good?

2) What bar is the regulator set to on the H5? 

Thank you

Hello!

1) The fill probe it came with did not have the foster fitting that makes it work with my fill line, so I ordered one off of Amazon. It showed up, but the has a poor fitting and leaks air. So I am ordering a new one from a different brand.

Interesting enough, I looked at the probe for my Edgun L2 and while they looked different the o-rings and hole seemed to line up. very closely. I went ahead and "gave it a shot". Well it worked. I have filled the gun with that probe to 200 bar no problem about 4 or 5 times now. So I assume I should be good?

Thank you

Call this member, he has one and a very helpful gentleman, North Carolina. Joe @ 919-258-3231 he has a Steyr Hunting 5 Auto Scout also

Wish I had one of those baby's :)

Assuming you have a 30fp fullpower .22 scout, you reg will be set at 140 bar.

Yes, 40 joule (30fpe) was ordered. Thank you for the heads up. 50 shots seems to get it down to 100-110 bar. 

In regards to the Edgun probe, should I be okay? Anyone have insight on that? It seems like a lucked out?

Hello!

Thank you

Call this member, he has one and a very helpful gentleman, North Carolina. Joe @ 919-258-3231 he has a Steyr Hunting 5 Auto Scout also

Wish I had one of those baby's :)

Thank you, maybe I will do that. 

Any insight on the probe working?

I do not have a Hunting n5 Auto Scout, but I do have a Steyr Pro X in .22. I also have an Edgun Leshiy 2. I can confirm that, even though the two of them have slightly different probe shapes (at the end away from the foster fitting), the L2 fill probe works just fine in my Steyr. I have been using whichever was closest to hand for the last 4 months without a problem.

Chris