• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Steyr HFT .177

I ordered this on 17 Nov 22 and it finally arrived - totally stoked with the quality!! I’m curious if my Steyr hunting 5sa airtube is the same?
25029E79-5948-4188-9AB4-9DD515B36D4F.jpeg

Curious if the delay was from Steyr or Pilk?
Pilk doesn't stock lots of inventory... they wait, take orders and then place the order with Steyr when they have enough product to justify a container? Or something like that, as i've never directly asked them about the business model they use. Def. worth the wait! However they do have a great gunsmith to service their product line. there is only one other Steyr reseller in the usa that I’m aware of.

Last edited:
Reactions: lothar
I swapped air tubes out this morning for a "same length" version that uses a fill probe and manometer at the end - aka fill probe with QD fitting ! mucho more nice than having to pull the air tube to refill or swap air tubes to recharge.
I also added a very nice 16.1 mm threaded adapter to the end of the barrel to accept the 1/2 unf moderator(s). Pretty tight fit... choices via Rowan are 16.1 mm or 16 mm for barrel dia. To me the barel was more like 16.15 mm. Best fittings offers a 16.2 but it slightly loose and only uses 2 grub screws.
Gonna Scope her this afternoon with a March I picked up here on the forum.
2B084431-7693-48FB-B59D-437430030DC1_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Haganaga
Tomorrow she will be sighted in and a dope chart created and my wheel marked. Who will win my heart on the HFT circuit? The Steyr, the Redwolf, the Crown, a BSA Goldstar SE, a FX Dreamline in FT chassis??? A lot of guns might shoot ok from the bench.... or sticks ... but what happens on a knee or when standing will sure make a difference. Money doesn't always guarantee the big score... practice does.
We sent the Tsar off to AOA for some necessary upgrades so she won't be available to test against the others potential HFT platforms for a long while.

Last edited:
Nice Steyr! How did the Uragan 2 work out?
Left the Uragan stock... it's a killer with 16.2 jsb's at 50 yards.... pounds the bull into powder. Thus my focus on other more suitable FT platforms... when i settle on the two i like best (standing and kneeling) i'll sell off the rest. I'm quickly moving into a FT only kind of world.

Sound level - the Steyr HFT has quite a bark! It comes with no threading to attach a moderator. I added a Rowan 16.1 adapter to the barrel - very tight fit! 4 well placed grub screws ensure no movement. I went through several different moderators trying to find the right one, the quieter one, huma, Donnyfl, zero db, etc etc but it wasn’t until I put a Weihrauch from my HW110 on the Steyr HFT that the bark got to a comfortable level! This surprised me. Lucky for me I bought a Weihrauch moderator on the forum just this week.

Last edited: