• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Steyr FT question

elh0102

Jul 31, 2018
NC
I am considering a Steyr Challenge HFT Hunting rifle. Some of the pictures seem to show the muzzle ending short of the end of the air cylinder. This would make it impossible to use the Steyr adapter and a moderator. Some pics show the barrel slightly in front of the cylinder, so I don't know. I would appreciate hearing from someone with experience with this rifle. 

I have the same situation on my Steyr LG110 Connect. The barrel is shorter than the cylinder with the quick fill and pressure guage attached.

Steyr makes an adapter, but it is not long enough. It will work if mounted almost at the end of the barrel, but has a slight bit of "wobble". Unacceptable to me, so I got in touch with DonnyFL. He referred me to John Hagan, who does his custom fitting work. I just sent John the Steyr part to compare and a sketch of what I am looking for. Basically it only needs to be about 1/2" longer than the Steyr part.

Haven't heard back from John yet, but I just sent it to him and he may not get it until Monday. The modification or new part is easily doable.

Mark

Steyr HFT with AZ moderator - sounds like a mouse fart at 12fpe

1574861911_14218222975dde7c5761c354.73907142_5FE2EF34-2DC3-4150-8155-B92D42F50AF9.jpeg