• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Steyr Challenge Hunting for FT

Jose:

It would do the job for sure, however; there are numerous other rifles on the market that would be as good or better for less money. I of course have to mention my sponsor, Daystate, and their rifles. The Huntsman Revere and Wolverine R are both great HFT rifles for less money. The Air Arms S500 and S510 also do their share of winning.

Keep in mind, you can not buy a win. That has been said many time on this forum. Having said that; money won't buy happiness but it will make a good down payment!

Podna

Reactions: MysticalDragon
Well I’m about to find out. I have a Challenge HFT Hunting on its way to me as we speak that I purchased from another forum member. Two fellows in our club shoot them (with the wood stock) and they’re excellent FT guns. I also think they’re a beautiful rifle. Here’s a photo the gun coming to me.

img_6106-jpeg.394218.jpeg

Now days with the lax Hunter Class rules he can use the butt plate. He just can’t adjust it during the match. Same applies for the adjustable cheek piece and knee riser. The stock can be adjustable as long as you don’t adjust it in a match. Now days Hunter Class rifles are pretty much Open Class rifles shot off a bipod with a 50x Sightron turned down to 16x.

Last edited:
Reactions: davecole
Now days with the lax Hunter Class rules he can use the butt plate. He just can’t adjust it during the match. Same applies for the adjustable cheek piece and knee riser. The stock can be adjustable as long as you don’t adjust it in a match. Now days Hunter Class rifles are pretty much Open Class rifles shot off a bipod with a 50x Sightron turned down to 16x.
Sounds like a good combo to me. Open class doesn't even resemble Hunter class. If you let Hunter class shooter shoot unlimited power and dial no holdovers shooting off sticks and buckets there will be a lot of perfect scores. The limiting of the scope to 16 power for rangefinding makes it a lot tougher ranging targets you know that. Now I think open should be open that if you want to shoot sticks and bucket more power to you no rangefinders you still have to range it. But don't call a class open when you rules on what you can use. Yeah the 20 foot pound rule great but let everything else be used except for the rangefinder

Last edited:
Reactions: 0akhonor
Hi guys:
I’m thinking on buying a Steyr Challenge Hunting (the one with the wood stock) and use it for FT competitions. Do you think it would be a good choice?
The FT version of the Steyr is a lot more expensive than the Hunting version.
Regards
José Palma
Fantastic choice call pilkington comp
Ask for Jennifer 1 (931) 924-3400
IMG_6106.jpeg

Reactions: MysticalDragon