Steyer 110 Experience

I have ordered from Krale many times. There has never been any paperwork to fill out and UPS has never contacted me other than to show up at my door with my purchase.
They're a great company to deal with. Richard is one of there great sales people who I've called several times, and he speaks very clear English, albeit with a strong accent.
order from them with confidence.

Krale-Schietsport does not sell FX Airguns to anyone here in the United States or any other country that has an FX Airguns distributor. 
"Airguns from FX Airguns can only be shipped to addresses within the Netherlands or to countries which don't have an official FX Airguns distributor. We are not allowed to ship to countries which already have an official distributor. Link to distributors: https://goo.gl/2Vxvk7"

You may order from Krale-Schietsport with the utmost confidence. This is a family owned company that has been in business now for well over a hundred years, and has an impeccable reputation.
All the best, Chuck

Krales are a good trustworthy business with great service and their shipping value is second to none. Ive had rifles shipped from them to New Zealand cheaper than any retailer in USA which is only half the distance! There's a lot of greed and price fixing in the USA.
FX in New Zealand has always been a cheap entry level brand on a par with the turkish Hatsans etc and certainly not viewed as "high end". I was only a few years back that FX finally regulated some of their PCPs but still haven't worked out how to do it well. I cringe when I read about some of the 140bar + reg settings on thier rifles.. Regulators are std in all the higher end pcp manufactures like Steyr and they have long worked out that pressures of 90 to 120bar yeild the best efficiency and shot count with high velocities if built right to start with. 
I can tell you this.. If FX were priced in Sweden and here in NZ like they are in USA they wouldnt sell a single pcp. 
Congrats of your purchase.. Im sure it will bring you a lot of fun. 😁

Fortunately, the UPS brokerage and extra charges, as well as any additional paperwork that is mentioned above, must all be handled between Krale and UPS now, as there is non of that for the guns that many of my friends, and I have purchased from them over the past few years. They simply require that you email them a positive ID, confirming that you're over the age of 18. I send them a picture of my driver's license. 
Gerrit Krale is a very nice guy to talk to, both on the phone and via email. 
As I've stated before, purchase from them with confidence.

Scott
airguntunes.com

Finally had time to do some shooting on the basement range -- 13 yards.

0f1f2e6cdee0e61781a1780c4c9a3b60.jpg
6f4e0144bc3c31ce0ef35a857a311894.jpg
73aea4b6e41769606b69fd7a03543779.jpg

I had my ProChronograph running with an AP program. I was just trying to get a quick idea about the initial FPS and FPE, how long it took to drop about 10FPS, and a casual look at about POI. You'll see the first thing I forgot to do was enter the weight of the pellet (JSB 18.39). So, I'll have to calculate FPE. At about 900 FPS the FPE is 33. At 893 it is 32.57. I was hoping for more than 30. You will notice that the shot count stops at 32. Actually, I shot 11 magazines for 55 shots. I didn't keep a good eye on my Chrony and for some reason it didn't record all the shots on the program. Shot number 55 (32 on this table) was 856. It appears I get 25 shots before it drops about 10 FPS. This is the Steyr Hunter Scout with the smallest air tube. I have a compressor and carbon tank so shot count isn't as important to me as rifle quality, accuracy, and portability. 

Oh, the one picture shows a little bolt with a rubber nubbin and a magazine. I got this idea from Scottblair here on AGN. I use it to make sure the pellet skirt is seated below the front of the magazine and that all pellets are seated identically. By the way, all the pellets are straight from the tin. I'm not sophisticated enough to wash, weigh, dry, and sort the beasts.

When I don't have 4 small grandchildren in the basement with me (kept well away from my shooting by my wife and tons of toy distractions) I will do a crude iPhone AP decibel check with and without the Belita Hugget. 

Love the gun!

3823e23838f3754d8ece228064b7a195.jpg

"Navnesen"Congratulations on the new gun, I’m happy you like it!
What do you think about the trigger?
Is it even possible to not like the Steyr trigger? :p

@bowwild, if you want the smallest velocity spread over multiple magazines it is advised to buy magazines of the exact same thickness. You'll have to measure them when you buy them so that you're sure they have the same thickness so it's best to go and buy them in person (at least if you would want extra magazines :) )

It's a nice, short gun this way!

I just shot the rifle indoors again.

Weight with Vortex Diamond scope, rings, adaptor and Belita Huggett: 8.3 pounds. Without these items the Steyr Hunter 5 Scout Auto is supposed to weigh 6.6 pounds.

I also used my iPhone AP to get decibel readings. I realize this probably isn't accurate but I only wanted to check the relative difference without Hugget and with.
  1. Background DB: 52 db
  2. With Belita Huggett: 92 db
  3. Without Huggett: 103 db
    [/LIST=1]

I have been following this thread and others regarding Steyr rifles. Have wanted one for quite awhile. Went through several different air rifles to get to the point where I found what I liked and felt comfortable shooting. Had 4 different "bullpup" style rifles and sold them all as I could never get comfortable shooting them. There was nothing wrong with the rifles, they all shot very good to excellent but just were not my cup of tea so to speak. I now only have 4 rifles, the latest being the one shown below from "Santa" this year. I can't wait to get out and put it through its paces.
b657168c4ee8bb62cb5fe6839a61581e.jpg

85a68ad2783f42c717571b70d724bec7.jpg

18e7637f4b20e989b9598aa29d11364d.jpg

Just realized I am going to have to go get some dovetail mount rings for a scope. All the rings I currently have are for picatinny... looks like I'll be able to use relatively low mounts as there is no concern with magazine clearance like on my Daystate or RAW rifles.

Congratulations on the rifle. I love mine as well. 

Beautiful woods there Scott (on rifle and the landscape!)!

I haven't settled on a scope yet. I have a Vortex Diamond on it now but I don't like AO as much as I prefer Side Adjustment. 

I do wish the barrel was an inch longer so there wouldn't be such a close tolerance between the LDC adaptor and the air tube. There is a slim gap that allows the adaptor and the air tube to "tap" when handling. No big deal as it doesn't do that when I shoot, just when I'm moving around in the safe or case. 
Roy

"John_in_Ma"Do you know why there aren't many posts for Steyr, Anshutz and FWB? The guns work. If you notice most posts about other guns always turn into a modding post on how to make it better. That simply doesn't happen often with these brands and so you don't see many posts about them. Think about it.
Agree, they work great as is... My LGB1 has been 100% reliable and accurate as can be.
I've been thinking of getting a Hunting 5 in 177, so they can share magazines (It's an excuse as good as any to buy a new rifle, right?)...
But I still can't get over the big Steyr engraved on the side of the stock!

Hey, I got the lg110 black which is a single shot and also the long version hunting 5 auto. The single shot lg110 black ,on sale right now at Krale, is more accurate. Both are defiantly noisy. You can see both up close by clicking on my name. I have 2 ads on here now with many close up pics of both. Check them out. If I had to pick one I would go with the lg110 black. It's so accurate it's hard to put down. Also, I have 16mm to 1/2 unf adapter for $30 shipped if you want one. Thanks -Nate M