Keep well and shoot straight!

HM

More than 1 year in the making.

Hope you enjoy!

HM
Wow
Nice work Steve.
The most comprehensive guide so far to chasing down POI shifts for a RWS 54. These "simple" machines really are a marvel.

I wished I had your mechanical skills and your analytical mind in trouble shooting some of my POI shifts.

Looking forward to learning from your next project.

Eyeballing my RWS 54 gathering dust at the corner.....NAH...(not today)

Reactions: Nitrocrushr
Wow
Nice work Steve.
The most comprehensive guide so far to chasing down POI shifts for a RWS 54. These "simple" machines really are a marvel.

I wished I had your mechanical skills and your analytical mind in trouble shooting some of my POI shifts.

Looking forward to learning from your next project.

Eyeballing my RWS 54 gathering dust at the corner.....NAH...(not today)
Thanks! Yes, the 54/56 platforms have quite a bit of potential. Making one change at a time and documenting results is the key.

Steve

Reactions: DesertSilver
That is a good read for sure. While i've had a love hate relationship with the 54 platform as the first two i had were in .177. But the third in .22 is where it really shone imo. That is on my short list of "shoulda kept", but in the end for my uses it was just to heavy. The pile of dead scopes aside, i do miss the tinkering that went into it.

Very intetesting and well done. I have a question. I recentley bought a used 54 in .22 which I had John Thomas go through. I am learing to shoot it, just got ir back a week ago. I am getting groups at 25 yards a dime covers. My rifle built in 2018 has sights. I read but can now not find an article that showed the large front diameter end of the barrel being turned and used as a tuner. It was one with a barrel without sights, is it possible with mine. I have been using tuners on my powder burner benchrest rifles for 15 years and they are a great tool. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Very intetesting and well done. I have a question. I recentley bought a used 54 in .22 which I had John Thomas go through. I am learing to shoot it, just got ir back a week ago. I am getting groups at 25 yards a dime covers. My rifle built in 2018 has sights. I read but can now not find an article that showed the large front diameter end of the barrel being turned and used as a tuner. It was one with a barrel without sights, is it possible with mine. I have been using tuners on my powder burner benchrest rifles for 15 years and they are a great tool. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.
Are you actually using the open sights on your rifle, or do you have it scoped?

Your front sight would come off, and a Harmonic Tuner would slide into place. In fact, my CCA .20 originally came with a front sight. Hector pulled that sight off and installed the HT prior to shipping the rifle to me.

Steve
I had the same thought but he was asking about one being turned. The HT slides fore and aft via o-tings, correct? Or does turning it also affect POI?

I had the same thought but he was asking about one being turned. The HT slides fore and aft via o-tings, correct? Or does turning it also affect POI?
Yes, this one slides. Your adjustments are limited to the o-ring thickness, but it works quite well. I wanted to fine tune in smaller increments so I machined the assortment of delrin spacers.

A threaded HT would be nice. I think Browning used to have one that had a weight inserted within the tuner. You would gradually rotate this weight around the outer parameter until you had the tightest groups. I think it was called the Boss system?

Steve

Jeff, one of the things about DIANA's is that most things are designed to be retro-fittable.
Unless your rifle is a T01 (very early version), the HPM (High Performance Muzzle weight) is usable.
Let me know through the contact page in my website:

If you think you can use one.

HM

Reactions: JEFFPPC