• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is no longer supported in the Classified section. Airgun moderators that are permanently affixed to an airgun will be allowed. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

Feedback stealing from me !!

Sucks. I too was scammed here a couple months ago. I notified the moderators and the scammer's account was shut down. I'm sure he's up to it again under a new name. 
Most of my family is current or former law enforcement and we're still hunting him/her down. 
I definitely now think the 3.5 % to be protected through PayPal is worth it. 

Guy and Girls

I'll tell you the same thing I just told Todd... we can only offer so many safe practices and suggestions, the rest is up to the end user.

The account in question was VincentGTA, by the name of David Martinez, with an email address [email protected]

That account had scammer written all over it. 

• Brand new member that registered on June 1st
  • He only made 6 worthless replies to gain access to the PM system
  • Zero references 
  • Zero feedback
  • Zero credibility

We offer quite a few recommendations on how to identify scammers:

**NEW Classified Rules!

Tips Tricks & Reporting Scammers – Ad Status – Why Can't I Reply to Ads?

Known SCAMMER, Pending, or Bad Transaction List

and we're happy to look into any account that seems questionable, but we need people to do their due diligence.

We hate to see this happen to good people... but we need your help to stop them!

-AGN

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Guy and Girls

I'll tell you the same thing I just told Todd... we can only offer so many safe practices and suggestions, the rest is up to the end user.

The account in question was VincentGTA, by the name of David Martinez, with an email address [email protected]

That account had scammer written all over it. 

• Brand new member that registered on June 1st
  • He only made 6 worthless replies to gain access to the PM system
  • Zero references 
  • Zero feedback
  • Zero credibility

We offer quite a few recommendations on how to identify scammers:

**NEW Classified Rules!

Tips Tricks & Reporting Scammers – Ad Status – Why Can't I Reply to Ads?

Known SCAMMER, Pending, or Bad Transaction List

and we're happy to look into any account that seems questionable, but we need people to do their due diligence.

We hate to see this happen to good people... but we need your help to stop them!

-AGN

All the more reason to move classifieds access to 100 meaningful posts before a moderator approves access and if you spam to 100 you never get access. Those quick account scammers will go away because they're not going to invest the time. Most scammers and spammers will have multiple accounts.

Reactions: wyshadow