• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Starting over from scratch, what moderator would you get?

The best for me Silent thunder ordinance . I shouldn't even tell you cause its my secret. You owe me

Had both of his also, where pretty good but way over sized for me swinging out front

He has the lightest ones out there, And if you read his 20 page blog I think you would see the light ,just sayin. His small one is 4 oz I have thee of them.

The best for me Silent thunder ordinance . I shouldn't even tell you cause its my secret. You owe me

Had both of his also, where pretty good but way over sized for me swinging out front

He has the lightest ones out there, And if you read his 20 page blog I think you would see the light ,just sayin. His small one is 4 oz I have thee of them.

Not insulting your choice, like I said have read his page... pages :) you know what's at at the end of the tunnel of light... right ?

a bug zapper :)

he's a great salesman too if you did'nt notice :)

Not insulting your choice, like I said have read his page... pages :) you know what's at at the end of the tunnel of light... right ?

a bug zapper :)

he's a great salesman too if you did'nt notice :) 

His blog sold me so your right, but then I tried them and I converted. Was told he worked for a silencer company for many years and has many state of the art tools to measure sound and air stripping. Does it work better then any other moderators, I don't know groups are the same, but its definitely quiter

Quietest mod I have is an extended fx mod that came with my continuum. With 3d printed cone baffles and huma felt and cage innards 😉 I regularly harvest these for custom mods as you don't need every baffle section to have felt, in fact it's better for the first few to not. Often only filling the last one has an extremely negligible effect in sound reduction compared to filling more than one chamber with felt. 

I had an sto mod as well, and just wasn't impressed. My super slim TKO mod worked better. Which is a severely under-rated mod maker, BTW. If you doubt me, give him a call. He'll make anything you want, and as long as it's within the dimensions he needs for it to work right.... First class 👍

Not to say the newer sto stuff isn't better. Mine was a carbon Fibre body one from a few years back, and for its size it should have worked better than it did. Low to medium or high powered guns, it just simply did not work very well. 

Quietest mod I have is an extended fx mod that came with my continuum. With 3d printed cone baffles and huma felt and cages innards
1f609.svg

I had an sto mod as well, and just wasn't impressed. My super slim TKO mod worked better. Which is a severely under-rated mod maker, BTW. If you doubt me, give him a call. Hell make anything you want, and as long as it's within the dimensions he needs for it to work right.... First class
1f44d.svg

Now I wish I did'nt sell my Crown empty can last week :(

Dan!

Huggett Snipes here for 2 of the three rifles that I own. The other has an STO FALX on it. I like the sound of the FALX, but like the looks of the Huggets better, plus Huggett sound is very close to the STO. Huggett also helped me out when I needed something. Super cool peeps there, a customer for life.

mike

That's what I have and had the STO FALX also, Huggetts are at the top in looks too, dressed up to work :)

Reactions: Ray_PR