Starting new shooting club in SoCal. Who knows of a good set of Field Targets?

Title says it all. TopGun-Airguns is starting a new airgun shooting club in Orange County, SoCal. Eventual goal is to have an RMAC/EBR quality event next year, but in the meantime we are going to have a club for FT, and Benchrest shooting. 

<BEGIN EDIT> We're going to make this course ALSO compatible with +100-150 FPE rifles shooting slugs, etc..
<END EDIT>

Sign-up sheet is currently in our store, but we could create an online signup as well.
We'll be giving lessons on various topics each month at the range.

We're starting out with Field Target and looking for a nice used set that can handle 40 FPE or so. (not the cheap stuff that deforms).
Also looking for spinner, and other similar steel reactive targets such as those shown below.

Please call TopGun-Airguns at 714-907-0067 if you have any leads or post below.
Thanks in advance.

Joe Brancato <><
Dueling-Targets.jpg
kyl-rimfire-target.jpeg

Targets that Ben mentions above are pretty tough. We've been beating on them with slugs and the heaviest pellets made for two winter's now shooting Xtreme FT here in AZ. Even with 60-70-80fpe hits, the paddles are not pocked or pitted. I think Ben told me once that the paddles are AR400 steel.

I shot with a 29fpe gun one match and every paddle I hit made the target drop. Ben (nofilters) has done testing with "regular" field target legal guns (<20fpe) and reports that the targets drop just fine when the paddle is hit. 

Fact that his targets can be used for both Xtreme FT and regular FT is a big plus. Keeps a burgeoning club from needing two different sets of targets. And, Ben's could be used for the XFT competition portion of a future EBR/RMAC type competition, if you get it to grow that far. 

You've got some SoCal shooters there already that have been making the trip over to PHX to shoot XFT with us pretty regularly. I'm sure they'd be excited to hear about your plans and the potential to have an additional place to compete, and even better, so close to home for them. 

Hmm...sounds interesting. But traffic sucks on the freeways to get there.

A 3am trip from my house, about 40 minutes.

A 3pm to 6pm trip from my house, about 1 hour-50 minutes, to over two hours, depending on the traffic.! Any of the seven days of the week.

Maybe I can make a, super narrow, tiny trailer (to transport my guns) to pull behind one of my motorcycles ?

Mike

A 3pm to 6pm trip from my house, about 1 hour-50 minutes, to over two hours, depending on the traffic.! Any of the seven days of the week.

Maybe I can make a, super narrow, tiny trailer (to transport my guns) to pull behind one of my motorcycles ?

Mike

Wow, where do you live?

Mike

Wow, where do you live?

Covina.

Above (north) the 10 freeway, just below (south) the 210 freeway.

Mike

I’m in San Diego and we have 3 more r 4 Team shooters that would love to shoot with you. We’ve been making the 6 hour drive to Phoenix almost monthly. 
The targets Ben mentions are very good, really the best you can buy for EFT and also regular FT. You might want to talk to Robert Buchanan or Greg Glover about EFT and targets, perhaps having a GP EFT event once a year that earns points towards the finale at EBR. He might be offering discounted targets if you do plan to join the GP series. 
We’d also like to see more 100Y BR competitions set up like EBR and RMAC. 
This sounds great since we have nothing in the San Diego area and Irvine is much closer than Phoenix. ;)

I’m in San Diego and we have 3 more r 4 Team shooters that would love to shoot with you. We’ve been making the 6 hour drive to Phoenix almost monthly. 
The targets Ben mentions are very good, really the best you can buy for EFT and also regular FT. You might want to talk to Robert Buchanan or Greg Glover about EFT and targets, perhaps having a GP EFT event once a year that earns points towards the finale at EBR. He might be offering discounted targets if you do plan to join the GP series. 
We’d also like to see more 100Y BR competitions set up like EBR and RMAC. 
This sounds great since we have nothing in the San Diego area and Irvine is much closer than Phoenix. ;)

Thank you. Your name has been mentioned by a few as someone that would be helpful in my gaining knowledge. If you get a chance, text your name to my cell at 714-Six-one-two-5956

We're looking at having Field Target once a month.

I’ve been planning on getting my own PCP rifl, but nor kn-wing where to go here in SoCal, had made me delay the purchase. I see that this thread is alm-st a year old, but I wonder if you still have this idea of a shooting range going and if one could join the group to come over and practice.

joeseeker.

Title says it all. TopGun-Airguns is starting a new airgun shooting club in Orange County, SoCal. Eventual goal is to have an RMAC/EBR quality event next year, but in the meantime we are going to have a club for FT, and Benchrest shooting.

<BEGIN EDIT> We're going to make this course ALSO compatible with +100-150 FPE rifles shooting slugs, etc..
<END EDIT>

Sign-up sheet is currently in our store, but we could create an online signup as well.
We'll be giving lessons on various topics each month at the range.

We're starting out with Field Target and looking for a nice used set that can handle 40 FPE or so. (not the cheap stuff that deforms).
Also looking for spinner, and other similar steel reactive targets such as those shown below.

Please call TopGun-Airguns at 714-907-0067 if you have any leads or post below.
Thanks in advance.

Joe Brancato <><
Dueling-Targets.jpg
kyl-rimfire-target.jpeg
@Sturkis @BC

download.png
View attachment 210501

download.png
View attachment 210507

I make some Targets that will work for regular field target or extreme Field Target no they are not cheap but they are reliable dependable adjustable and basically will last a very very long time. Also have adjustable KillZones they have reducers that you can change
I’d like to get information on these extreme field targets. Please send it to my email.