Starting my coyote #9 hunt

Max115

Jul 15, 2018
BC, Canada
After my mysterious coyote #8 incident, I am starting to plan my next coyote hunt again. My trail cam footage actually recorded a different coyote showed up the next night after I had tagged and dropped coyote #8. This one seems to be the female and she was busily digging and eating the buried dead calf. I guess the alpha male that I shot did not make it after all, and she is taking over the feeding spot.

I went out a week later to try my luck but it didn't happen. Lots of ducks were in the area that night which would have been a great decoy for me to use as they would alert me if the coyote shows up. A couple of false alarms where they flew off but no sighting of any coyote.

I will continue to monitor the area with my trail cam and hopefully the same one or new coyote would show up at this prime feeding ground. So stay tuned.

Good luck on #9. I'm sure you will eventually get it. The question is how many nights will it take. The one I seen on my property never returned, even after I left a very big rat outside for 2 days. I my case that's OK since the coyote don't come but often and don't do any property damage. Besides disposing of the large corpse would take some effort.

Good luck on #9. I'm sure you will eventually get it. The question is how many nights will it take. The one I seen on my property never returned, even after I left a very big rat outside for 2 days. I my case that's OK since the coyote don't come but often and don't do any property damage. Besides disposing of the large corpse would take some effort.
Thanks. I just hope to have my timing right and see one when I do the stalking. I have checked my trail cam today and nothing came in the last two weeks. Fingers crossed that one will show up to feed again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Contndr35BB