• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Start us up

Us 3 NM rednecks are interested in NR50. For some reason. We're long range and mid range shooters and I shoot F Class .22s. We have stuff. We'll try to contact the folks to get us started with this mess, realizing that frustration, humiliation and bankruptcy are sure to follow. We'll try to start a club.

Sounds like a fun way to kill time and shoot and have tacos and beer afterwards.

Thank you Mike for the email.

Tom - Howdie neighbor. I am the guy in Las Cruces that Mike mentioned. We (my buddy John is not on AGN, so I will speak for him) are a couple of avid armatures that have begun our descent into the rabbit hole of precision shooting. Well, accurate shooting.... well ok, I need a lot more work before I can even call it "accurate." All the same, we have been to 2 matches at the Whittington Center and have really enjoyed the fellowship of the N50 shooters.

I have enrolled as a sanctioned club and have the targets and the scoring plug to be an organized chapter.

And welcome to Airgun Nation - this is my second home ;)

Reactions: Loufish
And by no means do I claim any kind of seniority or rights to an exclusive New Mexico N50 club. I encourage you to enroll as your own club and shoot every chance you get. You are about 2.5 hours from us in Cruces (and we both work night shift) - I offer you our experience and encouragement. We welcome more shooters and clubs with open arms.

Shoot'em good!

And by no means do I claim any kind of seniority or rights to an exclusive New Mexico N50 club. I encourage you to enroll as your own club and shoot every chance you get. You are about 2.5 hours from us in Cruces (and we both work night shift) - I offer you our experience and encouragement. We welcome more shooters and clubs with open arms.

Shoot'em good!
Thanks Jim, that's very generous of you. We're just getting our feet wet in this, my friends are a long way from Cruces. But if the occasion arises maybe I can get down there. I can tell I'm going to have to get more gear if I travel with the air gun. The .22s are easy to tote. We'll see how this plays out.

Tom

The game can be as easy or as difficult as you want to make it. Shoot from bipod, bags, rested or from full on gyro-stabilized, Lazer guided table top installation. You are truly competing against the score card and the wind. Everyone shoots in the same conditions. I am too far from perfection to worry about it, so I am focused on incremental improvement.

The N50 is designed to allow for Airguns and .22lr to shoot head to head. The first year, and airgun beat all the .22lr.

I don't have a Lamborghini gun, rather I haul my Walmart hunting guns to the table and do my best. A PCP with 25+ foot pounds will do you ok. I have portable pumps and an air tank for refills at the range for the pellet guns, and .22 ammo for the Ruger.

You can download a practice target to print from your computer (get the left and the right side, both!). I will be happy to send you some competition targets, too. The higher density card stock makes for better holes for score keeping.

Here are the two files for the practice targets files.

Just to be clear - you do not have to shoot airgun in an N50 meet. There are three classes,

1. Pellet class: Pellets only
2. Sportsman Class: Pellets, (airgun) Slugs or non-modified .22lr
3. Pro class - anything goes

You can shoot "up", meaning you can shoot a pellet gun with pellets in all classes, but you cannot shoot for score a 22lr in the Pellet only class.

My buddy John has been shooting a 3-9x40 scope at 50 yards, I shoot a 5-25x50 scope. Being able to see the target goes a long way to being able to HIT the target ;)

View attachment print-left-target-lg.pdf

View attachment print-right-target-lg.pdf

I used our new club material for a quick practice session today. The score plugs are intuitive to use. I shot 4 cards with 4 brands of ammo. Having the right tools will encourage focused practice. Thank you, Lou, for showing us the path.

CARDSHOOTERAMMOSCORE10-XCLASS
9/6/2022​
1​
JIMNorma Tac II2365SPORT
9/6/2022​
2​
JIMCCI Standard2458SPORT
9/6/2022​
3​
JIMAGUILA Target2315SPORT
9/6/2022​
4​
JIMARMSCOR 2111SPORT

Cool. I've been working over the Benjamin Kratos and its trigger from hell. Took a lot of nerve to call that a 'match' trigger. But I'm from the centerfire competition world where good triggers are easy to get.

I have a question about factory barrels in the Sporter? class. If it's a factory barrel, but has been shortened, is it legit? Doesn't matter one way or the other, but I'm curious if an old 40x I have would be legal.