Starling Eradication Huben style

My friend Rich called me tonight and invited me to go starling shooting in a barn after dark with him and a couple other guys. I jumped at the chance as I have never shot at night inside a barn. I only have one pcp, my Huben K1 .22 and he told me I needed a low power gun , even a bb gun. So, I thought I would see how low I could get my Huben down to. 

The best thing I ever did to upgrade my Huben was install a Huma reg in it and set it at 110 bar. I usually shoot 18 gr jsb at 900 to 925 and same with the 25 gr jsb. Just change the power wheel and scope settings and it's good to go.

I turned the pw down until I was shooting Crosman 14.3 ulramags at less than 400 fps. It functioned perfectly so I clicked the scope up two full revolutions and was dead on at 10 yards. Ready to rock.

I filled my gun up and went to meet up with the guys. We got to the barn about 7 pm and went inside. Starlings were sitting everywhere as we're several pigeons. We got down to business shooting as fast as we could. I was using my Huben .22, Rich had his Career carbine. 22, and they other two were using Daisy pump guns on 3 pumps. 

It was amazing and after about an hour I had already shot over 150 shots. It was then that I thought I should take some video. All that previous shooting was done on the lower level by the cows and it slowed a bit so we all climbed up top. The video is from the top section of the barn. I've never seen anything like this before. It was just crazy.

My Huben performed perfectly at this lower setting and I dang near emptied a brand new tin of 500 pellets on one fill. Probably about a hundred left. I couldn't believe it. Sorry about the quality of the video but I just grabbed my phone and recorded some shooting. Can't wait for the next time.

IMG_20210213_43517.1613276234.jpg

https://youtu.be/siFBSQdtuUk

This is why I want/wanted a K1, the ability to turn down the power, UK law forbids I have one though, so I am on the search for another gun that can do the same.

It seems to me there is a growing interest in low power shooting across the US airgun scene forums and youtube, I hope this drives the airgun makers to give folk this option.

thanks for the post/video Randy, your K1 rocks.

The mask is one thing I wish I had last nite. It was really bad in there. Also safety glasses. One of the guys got hit in the forehead from a bounce back and it drew blood. Very well could have been an eye. 

I know some don't like the laughing and cutting up but all I can say is sorry. Don't want to offend anyone but we were having a good time and we were there to clean house. The farmer wanted as many killed as possible. It didn't seem like we made a dent though as there were still hundreds if not thousands up in the rafters when we left.

I let all the guys shoot my Huben and it brought smiles to their faces. They thought it was awesome.

The mask is one thing I wish I had last nite. It was really bad in there. Also safety glasses. One of the guys got hit in the forehead from a bounce back and it drew blood. Very well could have been an eye. 

I know some don't like the laughing and cutting up but all I can say is sorry. Don't want to offend anyone but we were having a good time and we were there to clean house. The farmer wanted as many killed as possible. It didn't seem like we made a dent though as there were still hundreds if not thousands up in the rafters when we left.

I let all the guys shoot my Huben and it brought smiles to their faces. They thought it was awesome.

Way to whack 'em Randy. Based on your recommendation, I bought Huben K1's in .22 and .25 (from Kelly at Krazcool Airguns). I got a skunk last night and one the night before with the .22 shooting the JSB Monster Redesigned. Had the PARD NV008 on it, shooting 35 yards. Thanks, you were right, great gun(s). Kill whatever you point it at.

IMG_0727.1613321431.JPG