• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Starling and Groundhog Pest Control

I had to remove some Groundhogs in my parents neighborhood, as they have invaded properties in town. I thought I got them all, but I was a little pessimistic after seeing the last one, which was female. Sure enough, a week later I see at least 2 young ones under a shed. I was able to sneak up and catch one by hand, and we moved it to an area near the creek. If they stay there instead of invading, they will be fine.

20210531_174406.1623207596.jpg

I had to remove some Groundhogs in my parents neighborhood, as they have invaded properties in town. I thought I got them all, but I was a little pessimistic after seeing the last one, which was female. Sure enough, a week later I see at least 2 young ones under a shed. I was able to sneak up and catch one by hand, and we moved it to an area near the creek. If they stay there instead of invading, they will be fine.

I borrowed your pic and posted it at the 'Cat' group of another social media forum I'm a member of w/ the caption:

"I just found a great new cat toy for my 2 female, all black cats. Do you guys think they'll like it?"

And now, I'm getting attacked by vegan snowflake rodent lovers ... P-R-I-C-E-L-E-S-S !

Groundhog taken w/ Beeman R9 & Crosman 7.9 CPL @ 20 yards.
PelletGun1.1624037868.jpg

Mr. Longfellow,

I knew we could count on you, "Great New Cat Toy" thanks for the chuckle!!!

That probably got you put in the " Cat " group hoosegow, vegan snowflake rodent lovers. Very good shooting and nice Beeman R9, enjoyed the post.

Good luck with your pesting, stay healthy and safe

Arrowhead1951

It's not my pic, Arrowhead. As far as I know, groundhogs are non existent in East Texas. I borrowed it from a guy over at the 'other' airgun forum, the one that starts w/ a 'G'. He's a big fan of the Beeman R9 .177 and the 7.9 CPL pellet. The fact that Crosman no longer makes said pellet doesn't bother him in the least. He has about twenty 1,250 boxes of them in his closet. He's posted a pic of his stash too. I'm envious of him. It's a good pellet and I'm down to about 600 of them.

I'm a shameless pic borrower, what can I tell you.

The thread I started w/ that pic and caption in the Cat group is turning out nicely. 9 likes and 9 comments so far, which I've replied to. Four rodent lovers attacked me, (not realizing I was playing a prank). The other 5 posters all seem to think a baby groundhog would make an excellent toy for a couple of cats.

My own pesting is in the dumps, ATM. It's too hot. There ARE hosps around; but, they're all going for the feeder in front of my place, (where my neighbors are). *Sighs*

HOWEVER, I ordered a birdbath from Walmart. It will be here next Tuesday, I think. That will kill two birds w/ 1 stone, so to speak. It will draw more pests to the backyard, where I can shoot and hopefully the thirsty birds that are pecking away at my tomato's for their liquid will stop doing it.

Good luck w/ your pesting too. Have a good one.