Standing offhand shooting - Can you handle a golf ball at 100 yards? I CHALLENGE you to do it and post a video!

That was my first time taking that shot with the Panthera, and only the 2nd time ever shooting my Panthera.

Nice shooting on that other thread. That is a crazy distance! But this is a challenge - so I challenge you to post a video of you doing it standing offhand at 100 with a springer while getting the success rate of 10-20% you spoke of. Pretty hard to press "X" to doubt if there's a video of it! (y)

Last edited:
Keep on pressing away on that doubt button. That shot is simply not that exceptional if you have taken it hundreds of times. Take a look in the ELR forum and you'll see there's are lots of members here that are making shots that are far more difficult.

At my age, I simply couldn't care less if someone who I never met, and will likely never meet, believes a statement I made. I come here to learn from the vast store of knowledge that is this community and maybe have a chuckle or two. In return, I share my experiences in the hopes that it may help others.

Good luck with your channel.

I did it in 3 shots today with the Panthera, no scope cam hanging off the side which helped - except that without the scope cam nobody will believe me! Haha.
Man, that gun is DIALED with the 30gr Zan slugs!

1677450913016.png

• Wow
Reactions: qball
For the record, I very much believe you made the shot in three tries.

What I really find impressive is the hurt that the slug put on that golf ball. That sort of damage is very close to what I have seen from 22LR. What that tells me is, FX's claim that the Panthera is on or near the same level as 22LR is not just marketing hype.

For the record, I very much believe you made the shot in three tries.

What I really find impressive is the hurt that the slug put on that golf ball. That sort of damage is very close to what I have seen from 22LR. What that tells me is, FX's claim that the Panthera is on or near the same level as 22LR is not just marketing hype.
Thanks, dude! I still wanna see you try it! I try to be engaging and inclusive to everyone when it comes with these kinda things and I hope it was clear I meant no disrespect or anything by harassin' ya a little! 😁

Anyway, I have my Panthera set right at about 62.5 ft/lbs. A .22LR will make about double that, but the Panthera hits super hard for a .22 airgun. I could probably get this thing up to 75fpe if I really wanted to beat on the gun (I don't).

Here is my latest. Only about 3.5 minutes total, if you can spare it. You're gonna wanna see what this thing was doing at 190 yards the other day! Pretty effortlessly, I might add, as you can see I was only just holding over.

Reactions: davelarson