• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Standardized Moderator Testing (free)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to ruffle feathers because it won't be three posts before I start being told how this is impossible, and results will be meaningless, etc... etc... When I push back the argument will become, "I've been doing this since before my grandfather was born... and yada yada". That will finally devolve into a urinary Olympiad the likes of which you have never seen since ..." So my advice to you resident experts with fifty gozillion years experience is simply this, "Don't. Just Don't" Rather just go start your own thread. Put up a poll and ask people who want to fight with you to sign up. I don't want to argue. I just want to test moderators and compile lists with data that actually means something. I don't need a million dollar lab to do that but there are a whole lot of vendors who want you to believe that I do. I will block you AS SOON AS you post looking for a fight.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, I wish there was a way to just block any replies to this post and accept those arrangements via PM... That would let me use this thread as a place to drop the reports as I do them.

That's out of the way.

Anyone, ANYONE at all, who wants to have me evaluate a moderator using the techniques I have recently described here is welcome to send me one to test. I will return that moderator on my dime after testing IF YOU SAY YOU WANT IT BACK.

That said there are some rules:
  • Don't ship me any moderator that is intended for or has ever been used on a PB. I don't want it. Don't send it. You won't get it back because I will destroy it upon receipt as I am not legally allowed to posses it. It is a crime to ship it through the mail and I WILL HAPPILY REPORT YOU.
  • Don't ship me any moderator that is not CLEARLY marked as being for airgun use. CLEARLY marked DURING the MANUFACTURING process. I know that is not a legal requirement BUT IT IS ONE OF MINE. I don't want to make that argument to some hot shot LEO looking to make brownie points with his boss. You won't get it back and if I even THINK it was ever intended or used on a firearm, I will HAPPILY REPORT YOU for shipping it illegally.
  • Don't ship me any moderator that won't run on a "standard" caliber (.17. .22, and .25) or which is not fitted for 1/2 x 20 UNF threads.
More than happy to do the testing, no charge and return the device, my treat. You want two compared? Sure, no problem ... just read the rules.

If you want that done, contact me via PM for a shipping address.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.