Standardize or DIE! Kral's proprietary probe :(

As in, "go out of business?"

Rant coming, I apologize in advance.

What am I on about?

3 weeks ago I received my AMAZINGLY gorgeous Kral Puncher Pro 500.

To date, due to it's proprietary "probe" and the slowness of part supplies, i have yet to be able to fill it. The probe only has male threads on the side that isn't Kral proprietary, and nothing in my arsenal of hoses, compressors, or hand pump has the matching female threads, so a part was needed to fill the PCP. For simplicity, I ordered a male foster fitting with female threads on the other side. In fact I have ordered 2 from two sources, and just for the sake of it also ordered some other useful looking parts and adapters. All have arrived except for either of the parts that would actually facilitate the conversion from those male threads to male foster.

The Kral fitting "looks" like a foster, it's the same principle anyway,. but they are not compatible. I am sure you who have been at this longer have come across such things, and find it old news and have easily overcome it. But I am a relative newb to PCP,. and thus far every one of my 6 PCPs from US and international make, rifle to pistol, bought in the US or shipped from Denmark, have come either with a Foster directly attached, or the probe required is equipped with male foster on the other side. Both my compressor and my hand pump? Female Foster. I just can't quite imagine that Kral really wanted me to have to work so hard and wait so long to get some air in this thing.

Thanks for putting up with my rant.

i understand lol ... really though youll run into needing a fitting thats taking its time with anything ...right now i have a regulator i got a couple weeks ago and needed a bspp male so ordered 2 on ebay 'supposedly' located in the US ... but this has happened to me before, that its NOT actually in the US but the store that sold it is .. so anyway after 2+ weeks it finally showed up at the 'shipping partner' in my state lol .. aholes lol ... it better be the right ones lol ... so i should now get it within 3 days ..

As you read this bear in mind I am a serial package tracking addict, add to that as a child I used to unwrap the ends of my presents before Christmas to see what they were. Worst example was my 15 th Christmas, I got a box of 30-30 cartridges, by Christmas morning there were only 4 left, so when I opened the wrapping, I made a show out of pulling out the inner box so that the 4 renaming cartridges were displayed.

I do not preorder because I do not have the patience and at 72, I realize tomorrow's are a finite commodity.

So now you know.

Shipping really sucks these days. Right now for me it is a Kral Bighorn 25, shipped from Ohio to Oregon. A week ago it left the first FedEx facility in Ohio, a week later it is in Kalispell Montana, while I am aware that a saddke horse would be far slower, I however suspect a fellow on a bicycle could make better time than that FedEx truck.

When I do Ebay reviews they are based on shipping time, and each time I have a slow shipper, I tell myself if I really want it fast, I will pay for the difference in a faster shipping method. And I know this works, Altaros and MPMolds are in Eastern Europe and the Exclusive airgun shop is in Bangkok, they use this service, and shipping times ranges from 2 days, to slightly faster to go half way around the world than Pyramydair gets packages from Ohio to me in Oregon.

I knew all this when I ordered my Kral Bighorn, but for some unknown reason I did not fund a faster shipping service. So now I have three types of bullets freshly cast, the scope waiting in its mounts, and because of this thread, I am just about to go check my fill fittings for a female/female adapter. I went through this with both my Compressor and my Skyhawk a while back. Gives me something to do for the next week while my cheap azz waits for that rifle.

Regards,

Roachcreek

Another option is to replace the Kral fill nipple with a standard 8mm one .

https://talontunes.com/shop/male-foster-quick-fill/

Foster-Fitting-900x701.1637785892.jpg

//www.w3.org/2000/svg%22%20viewBox=%220%200%20210%20140%22%3E%3C/svg%3E

One of these just arrived, I am not yet 100% sure the threads are going to be correct, but I may soon see. I really didn't want to start disassembling and modding the rifle before I could try it to see if it even worked though. But in the long run., this is the way I intend to go.

..... So now I have three types of bullets freshly cast, the scope waiting in its mounts, and because of this thread, I am just about to go check my fill fittings for a female/female adapter. I went through this with both my Compressor and my Skyhawk a while back. Gives me something to do for the next week while my cheap azz waits for that rifle.

Regards,

Roachcreek

OMG I went through this with my LCS order from AOA. Of course I knew I'd be waiting for months, but still, I had this sizeable inventory of .25 slugs and pellets to try, and nothing else that shoots .25 for months!

One of the two places I ordered this exact part. It showed in stock when I ordered,. now I am betting it is being held up due to something else not being in stock. With Pyramyd that could be months of waiting! If this one really is in stock I might just place a second separate order.

I bought one off of eBay not long ago that’s the same one. Air Venturi The only difference in the one I bought from pyramid air was the color. But they were both the same brand. One was silver the other one was black.

One of the two places I ordered this exact part. It showed in stock when I ordered,. now I am betting it is being held up due to something else not being in stock. With Pyramyd that could be months of waiting! If this one really is in stock I might just place a second separate order.

I ordered one of these from Pyramid a few days ago and had it the next day.

//www.w3.org/2000/svg%22%20viewBox=%220%200%20210%20140%22%3E%3C/svg%3E

One of these just arrived, I am not yet 100% sure the threads are going to be correct, but I may soon see. I really didn't want to start disassembling and modding the rifle before I could try it to see if it even worked though. But in the long run., this is the way I intend to go.

DO NOT force the threads !!!!!