Standard .177 daystate redwolf

13gr monster doing work! Didn't post whole weekend hunt! This was just 1 day hunt which shows the effectiveness of .177! So fun!
20211126_111044_HDR.1638167480.jpg
20211126_080822_HDR.1638167481.jpg

Thanks for sharing, I must say that you're got a beautiful "Blue" Redwolf and it's in .177 as well. There's always been an argument concerning the "1.77" and it's ability to properly dispatch small game. I have to say that "shot placement" is still crucial when taking game animals large or small. Yes, there're times when things don't always work out when shooting .177s but but the same can be said for the .22 caliber as well, a lose is still a lose when your shot placement is off. You've proven once again that you're very familiar with your rifle, your prey and it can be done humanely. Just my honest but humble opinion.

Agreed simplyhooked and well put! All shots taken on this hunt effectively dropped on impact with shot placement! I spent lots of time learning holdover and hold under for all my angles I might be challenged with! I think with .177 cal this is especially important because your shot is critical!

Yes sir, "I think with .177 cal this is especially important because your shot is critical! " Some people may argue that the .177 isn't enough but for decades it has been and still is doing what it was designed to do without prejudice. Your pictures are truly worth a thousand words and using the right equipment and or tools for the task, sets the stage.

the power of .177 at 35-55 yards!

Knowing how to use the right tool for the right job makes the task at hand so much easier and it seems as though you've got all of your bases covered. Your wolf is definitely ready to eat and spit out some more lead, just keep on doing what you're doing because there're more lessons to be learned.

Great shooting first off . And the 13 gr looks like it's doing a great job for you . You mentioned spending a lot of time learning hold over and under. Have you done enough that you can shoot from memory . Or do you use a cheat sheet . I have a standard in walnut, and love the rifle . I also agree that shot placement using .177 is important . I use a combo of cheat sheet memory . Confidence in your setup goes along way toward getting the job done right .

RED25R no cheat sheets yet but every day I try to shoot 2 mags at different ranges and in all different conditions. Rarely do I shoot in calm weather because those conditions never happen in Tennessee for me! But I do hunt in valleys and hills and during those hunts all angles come into play! So to combat that ever changing shooting condition I've set up targets and spinners in trees at all heights. Especially put thought into it and put some through thick brush areas to have to select shots. I know this is long winded response but maybe it will help a shooter struggling or future shooter hone those skills needed in real hunting application where your not just shooting in a straight line.