"fmglass"I love the ssg for the shot count. Yes I lose power but I get twice the shot count. I'm hitting targets at 90yrds compared to 65yrds before the ssg. Better air consumption and better accuracy I'm in. Plus's it is so easy to tune. What more do I have to say.
If you just drop it in and set the gap that can be the approximate results depending on how your gun was tuned previously. However you have to recall that you are installing a different hammer and a different hammer spring. You have to tune it for the new parts just like with any other spring and hammer change. I've got a bottled .25 Marauder and I previously had it tuned for 21 really linear shots at about 900 FPS with a few more close enough to make shots under 50 yards as it started to fall off. When I dropped in the SSG I got over 40 shots, but at only 845-865 FPS. I expected that really. I did get some velocity swings when I was testing the first time around, but polishing the receiver properly reduced that. 

A couple days ago I adjusted for close to the same power. I was trying for 895-905 but I found that was a hard target to dial in. I wound up with very slightly higher power. And a higher shot count. Before I was averaging 895 FPS for 24 shots, but the power break was at shot 21. After I was averaging 901 FPS for 27 shots and the power break was at shot 26. I posted a little more here http://allairgunners.com/gun-chat/index.php?topic=72.0 , but one thing not reflected in my post was that I still had pretty good under 50 yards shots up to a shot count of 30. ie: Not enough drop to make much difference within that range. In fact I shot out to over 40 and was still in the mid 800s. (850ish) If I shot like most folks I probably could have drilled colored dove size targets at 50 yards and under for a full 40 shots. 

I have three disclaimers. 

1. I have never tried an FFH or tried to dial one in so I can not compare. 

2. Travis and I are not buddies, so anything I say about his products is my personal honest opinion. It may or may not be accurate enough for you, but its my honest opinion. 

3. I don't have a dog in the fight. I don't sell or make airgun parts for sale. Atleast not at this time. I do make some of my own parts. 

Something to think about. A couple different respected air gun builders have commented in passing that the externally extended stye SSG seems to work slightly better than internally captive style spring SSGs, but that they would not build guns for others that way because they (rightfully so) don't think its a good idea to have moving parts like that on the outside of the gun. 

"Adamah"Why is the ffh shot string so spikey?
Wondering the same thing myself. Been lurking to see if any comprehensive/definitive winner has emerged on this front (which has consistent/flatter curve with regards to SD and ES)

Steve contends the SD and ES are "similar".

Where accuracy is concerned...I'll split hairs here... The FFH "similar, cheaper, faster, in stock, higher velocity" arguments aside, my experience believes money would be better spent on which ever one (FFH or SSG) proves to be supremely consistent, or more so, at any price.