Squirrels Galore! Exit wound gore alert!

The squirrels have just overrun the creek bottoms, deadfalls, and especially barn foundations this year. I've been averaging @ 10 a week just plinking within 100 yards of the house since the beginning of June. Combined with a little Euro dove action it makes for a nice break when I get home from work.

I included a pic that I took of a catastrophic exit wound on a Euro dove. I center punched it through the chest and the exit hole was just...well, the picture says it all. Most of the time I avoid hitting the breasts if I can so I can save the meat, but this one got fed to a skinny barn cat. I don't know if that NSA 26.8 gr. (.25 cal of course) from the FX MKII tumbled or what but DAMN! I've been saving up my dove breasts to make sausages.

81122squirrel1.jpg

081122squirrel2.jpg

.25nsaexitwound.jpg

euro titties.jpg

The squirrels have just overrun the creek bottoms, deadfalls, and especially barn foundations this year. I've been averaging @ 10 a week just plinking within 100 yards of the house since the beginning of June. Combined with a little Euro dove action it makes for a nice break when I get home from work.

I included a pic that I took of a catastrophic exit wound on a Euro dove. I center punched it through the chest and the exit hole was just...well, the picture says it all. Most of the time I avoid hitting the breasts if I can so I can save the meat, but this one got fed to a skinny barn cat. I don't know if that NSA 26.8 gr. (.25 cal of course) from the FX MKII tumbled or what but DAMN! I've been saving up my dove breasts to make sausages.

View attachment 282420

View attachment 282421

View attachment 282422

View attachment 282423
Awesome shootin! I have been shooting NSA as well lately and man those exit wounds are insane.

View attachment 282420

View attachment 282421

View attachment 282422

View attachment 282423
Good eating right there.