• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Squirrels are so cute, how could you kill one, they don’t hurt anything

I'm sorry but if you allow that many nuts to be collected in your engine compartment, you are an idiot and aren't maintaining said vehicle worth a darn!!

Squirrels can do that much in a couple of days. Has absolutely nothing to do with "maintenance".

That's true and if the car isn't your everyday driver it could happen- maintenance has nothing to do with it. It reminds me of what happened to me several years ago. I have a 1969 440-6 bbl Road Runner that I put up every winter. One spring when I took it out for it's shakedown cruise I floored the gas pedal to open up the secondaries and when I did a walnut rolled just perfectly under the secondary linkage locking all 6 barrels wide open!! In my panic for some reason I pushed in the clutch and the engine immediately revved to over 8 grand which simply isn't good for a big block Mopar
1f602.svg
! Luckily all I did was bend 1 valve. I now check every spring under the air cleaner.

That's one crazy story!!

I'm sorry but if you allow that many nuts to be collected in your engine compartment, you are an idiot and aren't maintaining said vehicle worth a darn!!

Squirrels can do that much in a couple of days. Has absolutely nothing to do with "maintenance".

That's true and if the car isn't your everyday driver it could happen- maintenance has nothing to do with it. It reminds me of what happened to me several years ago. I have a 1969 440-6 bbl Road Runner that I put up every winter. One spring when I took it out for it's shakedown cruise I floored the gas pedal to open up the secondaries and when I did a walnut rolled just perfectly under the secondary linkage locking all 6 barrels wide open!! In my panic for some reason I pushed in the clutch and the engine immediately revved to over 8 grand which simply isn't good for a big block Mopar
1f602.svg
! Luckily all I did was bend 1 valve. I now check every spring under the air cleaner.

That's one crazy story!!

I had a major problem with chippers doing this with acorns. Since then I inspect all compartments on a daily basis whether it is my daily driver or not.

Also, the first step in any MAINTENANCE is a visual inspection. So, yes it has everything to do with maintenance.

IMHO

1f602.svg

That's one crazy story!!

I had a major problem with chippers doing this with acorns. Since then I inspect all compartments on a daily basis whether it is my daily driver or not.

Also, the first step in any MAINTENANCE is a visual inspection. So, yes it has everything to do with maintenance.

IMHO

If you consider popping the hood "maintenance" who am I to disagree!!😆🙄

1f602.svg

That's one crazy story!!

IMHO

If you consider popping the hood "maintenance" who am I to disagree!!😆🙄

What a fool I am!! I guess you never look at your tires either do you?