• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Squirrel out 60 yards

Aa6yV6z.jpg

It's what I use, great scope for the money, and I can make 60 yd shots all day.

Reactions: L.Leon
My Avenger wears a West Hunter 4-16 which is a pretty good scope for the money. I also think the Primary Arms classic 4-16 is pretty good for under $200. I got my Athlon Talos 6-24 for $200 on sale at Christmas time a year or two ago. The Talos 4-16 is below $200. I bought several 4-16s but recently I've been buying 6-24s. I've found I prefer more magnification for target shooting. For hunting even a 3-9 would be OK. The Hawke Vantage 2-7 or 3-9 is another inexpensive but pretty good scope. 6-24s tend to be a bit more expensive. But I think Krale has a SFP vector veyron 6-24 for under $200. I have both FFP and SFP but I think I actually prefer SFP. Unless the reticle is pretty thick, the lower powers of FFP scopes become pretty unusable. But it is nice when the hold over reference marks do not change in magnitude when you change the magnification of the scope.

All my scopes have parallax adjustment, I think that is a must, and all have a mil dot or fancier reticle - another must for me. Most have illuminated reticles. That is more a nice to have unless you get a FFP with a fine reticle. I like my Arken EPL 6-24 FFP but the reticle is fine and would be extremely hard to see at even 10X sometimes without illumination. It is not in the same price range, however.

This is also a solid scope for the money. Great warranty you’ll probably never need.
Keeps it nice light. I prefer a SFP for hunting. I find my happy place in the 6-9x range of zoom.

Hawke Hunting Precision H2 Optics Fast Focus Mil Dot Reticle Vantage 4-12x40 AO Riflescope with Match 1 Inch Ring Weaver Rail Mounts, 14141 + 22113 https://a.co/d/6tP7M2N

My Avenger wears a West Hunter 4-16 which is a pretty good scope for the money. I also think the Primary Arms classic 4-16 is pretty good for under $200. I got my Athlon Talos 6-24 for $200 on sale at Christmas time a year or two ago. The Talos 4-16 is below $200. I bought several 4-16s but recently I've been buying 6-24s. I've found I prefer more magnification for target shooting. For hunting even a 3-9 would be OK. The Hawke Vantage 2-7 or 3-9 is another inexpensive but pretty good scope. 6-24s tend to be a bit more expensive. But I think Krale has a SFP vector veyron 6-24 for under $200. I have both FFP and SFP but I think I actually prefer SFP. Unless the reticle is pretty thick, the lower powers of FFP scopes become pretty unusable. But it is nice when the hold over reference marks do not change in magnitude when you change the magnification of the scope.

All my scopes have parallax adjustment, I think that is a must, and all have a mil dot or fancier reticle - another must for me. Most have illuminated reticles. That is more a nice to have unless you get a FFP with a fine reticle. I like my Arken EPL 6-24 FFP but the reticle is fine and would be extremely hard to see at even 10X sometimes without illumination. It is not in the same price range, however.
If you do a lot of small game hunting out to say 60 yards, you owe it to yourself to try a prismatic scope….IMMERSIVE OPTICS 14 power is my favorite. Takes some getting use to but I’m betting no turning back!

I have a Veyron 3-12X SFP on my HW100 .22 and love it. I think I paid $140 on Amazon when it was on sale, it's something like $175 now, but well worth it. I'm in the process of doing some scope reviews, and while setting up the criteria and testing procedure, I used the Veyron. Tracking at 30M was, not just close, it was perfect, and I did it a number of times to verify the results. At least the one I have is an amazing scope.