Squirrel Hunting

I shoot mostly ground squirrels. They can cause s tremendous amount of damage. As mentioned, they can cause trees to die, but they also can cause major damage to a farmer. They dig holes in the fields and they cattle step in them and break their legs. Every farmer hates them and most will gladly give you permission to take care of the problem using an air gun. My permission is loaded with them and the foreman wants them gone. As mentioned, they can carry fleas that cause bubonic plague. The foreman doesn't require me to pick them up, so I just leave them where they lay. There's plenty of critters that will take care of the,.
Gray squirrels are considered a game animal in my state, and have seasons and limits. I don't hunt them, but when they get on my roof, they are fair game. The can cause major damage and you don't want one to get into your attic. Fish and Game says I can shoot them on my roof anytime of year, as they causing damage. I don't eat them

Reactions: SHOMER
Is this a trick question? How about having to replace your whole garage roof because of squirrels chewing through and nesting inside!
@SimpleGuy I’d probably turn into the guy on the EDgun Leshiy YouTube channel if that happened to my home. No lie. That’s nuts man.

@AmosBurton Some days are like that. But 9? Where have you been looking for them? At what time of day?
I'm exaggerating but not by much. Last year when I was unarmed they were lounging on my back deck...it's like they all got the memo that I got an airgun. Even a few weeks ago when it was super hot and humid and not squirrel season, a squirrel was totally stretched out on my deck railing.
In all seriousness, last year was a huge acorn year and the squirrels were living large, this year there's not so much food around my yard. I just need to move farther afield earlier in the morning. I'll get some eventually.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
OK ill type it one more time Instant Squirrel removal from inside a building ATTIC .
on line find a bottle of 100% peppermint oil , not the stuff you buy in the food isle at the store has to be 100% pure
use rubber gloves , put a few drops of oil on cotton balls and put around the attic , the oil burns the eyes as you will find out in doing this .
THIS WORKS . do this early fall and spring . if outside shoot to kill hahaha

Aside from the act of vengeance from the damage caused; Aside from the many recipes out there that can make a great meal.(maybe don't eat the ones that are chewing on your green arsenic stairs);

They're snitches during deer season, turkey season whatever. A guy spends all this time setting up for a good year of bow hunting and leaves the squirrels is most likely to have a problem. Animals react to each others alerts. One wrong move in your tree stand and a tree rat catches you, you're blown in that spot. Wait it out, sometimes.

Our season starts October 1. I will put out a bird feeder in a couple weeks. I have oak trees which have started dropping acorns too. Colder weather in December and January really helps because they are hungrier and because it drops the leaves from the oaks so I can see them when they run up a tree. It's still summer here and they have plenty of food and they can hide in the trees easily. But they really like the sunflower seeds and corn in the feeder. I lost my oldest biggest oak - which I called my killing tree. It got root rot and fell over in a storm. Over 3 foot diameter oak. That will affect things but I'll just have to see how it goes. I have 5 other oaks but that tree was on the side of the yard opposite the others and the squirrels like to leap from side to side. I also used to put the feeder on the killing tree so I'll need a new spot for that. But I'm sure I will get some in the yard and I will also see if I can't get some at the state game lands.

Reactions: AmosBurton