Squirrel hunting 22lr vs pcp

Nope. With my 22lr there is no scope clicking or fooling around. At 20-75 yards just hit them from the armpit forward and they fall dead instantly with a CCI mini mag. But on the flip side, when I hunt squirrels near my archery hot spots, I use an air rifle. You just can’t beat the power and how sleek a real gun is. My real guns feel like toys compared to bloated PCP’s.
I take objection to this as my 25 cal m3 has exactly the same drop and wind drift as a 22 lr cci std shooting 35 gr nsa. The only thing different is it is slightly less powerful. 22- 67 fpe @100 25-50fpe@100

Reactions: moodyblues
I do not have any opportunity to hunt ground squirrels in wide open spaces. I can see a role for airgun slugs going really fast or powder burners for shots at 75 yards or more. But for tree squirrels and shots inside 50 yards, I think 22 or 25 caliber PCPs with around 30 fpe are the way to go. Plenty of power, reasonable trajectory, cheaper, and very effective.

Reactions: moodyblues
Same for me, I really have nowhere I can put a rimfire to use over one of my pcps. I get the same performance on target just a lot louder and more dangerous. Imo a precharged airgun is the best tool for the job. You can frame up a room with a 3lbs sledge but a 20oz estwing will do it much more efficiently.

Also I love my rimfires, they are my favorite powderburners. Love my AirPower more though!

Thanks for All the replies guys, been a fun thread.
Beau

Reactions: EdinGa