• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Squirrel Attack

9A0E3605-00C4-4075-AC3A-2EAA7F700811.1602983058.jpeg

Had my Caldwell rear bag sitting on my shooting table. I was away from my table shooting in another spot, came back to the table and a squirrel had attacked the bag. 2 holes, about 2 inches each and all the inside poured out on my shooting table. I don’t normally shoot squirrels, I thought we had an agreement..... I won’t shoot you guys and you don’t eat my shooting bag. Apparently there was no agreement. Duct tape makes the world go around. 

Several friends have had grey squirrels severely damage their homes. I recently moved back to the countryside away from the suburbs. I have been giving the squirrels a pass until a few days ago when my neighbor said he was having problems with those tree rats chewing his fence and shrubs. Took the P15 over there and in less than 15 minutes he had twelve less to deal with. He is now in the market for his first PCP rifle.

I didn’t even start my PCP obsession and watched the squirrels in my tree with ignorance before hearing my neighbor’s horror story of squirrels chewing up his roof. Then wife sent me a picture of a squirrel on MY roof where I just spend a ton of money putting solar panels on. The war was declared! 

Good thing too because here is a picture of a section of my neighbor’s roof which he spend $20,000 dollars to repair that isn’t covered by home owner insurance!!!!!

37651468-09F1-4066-BE1B-60F04B5ABFD8.1602994450.jpeg

Spray with peppermint spray or essential oil or garlic water or apple cider vinegar or cayenne pepper powder. Bounce fabric softener sheets may work too. They are sensitive to strong odors and keep away.

https://thegardeningcook.com/natural-squirrel-repellent-ideas/

If you cleverly mix cayenne pepper powder in their favorite food perhaps peanut butter it may kill them. 

I had pet mice (lots of them to breed to feed to the cats) and had once fed them my mac n cheese leftover that I sprinkled some cayenne pepper powder mixed in and the next morning every single one of them were dead even all of the young ones. I hadn't planned on murdering all of them like that and learned something interesting.