Spritech VE3 double cylinder compressor

I just bought one of these Spritech VE3 double cylinder compressors a couple weeks ago as a Gift for a friend, he Built me a new Kitchen in my house and didn't want any money, so I got him this, we tried it out on a couple of my PCP's, and it Kicked Ass, it filled the HW100 from 1700 psi to 3000 psi in about 90 seconds, it filled my Uragan tank from 3000 psi to 4500 psi in about 2 minutes, it's somewhat quiet and it stopped right at set point pressure, I liked it so much I bought one for myself, I still have my trusty GX CS2 that I use often and my SCUBA compressor for bottles, but at the price they're selling these it's worth having a spare, Mine will be here about Oct 18.
spritech 2 cyl pcp comp.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Spritech-Com...==&sprefix=spritech+compressor,aps,124&sr=8-3

Reactions: BanjomanMI76
Great portable compressor, I've had mine for a little over a year. After a couple of months my power supply failed, and after an email to Spritech they immediately sent me another power supply at no cost to me. A few months later the upper cylinder piston shaft failed, and they again sent out another piston and complete overhaul kit with no charge. Though I had some issues with mine, I still use it often and would say it is a good buy. They are extremely simple to work on if you have any mechanical ability at all, and support is readily accessible and reliable.

After a couple of months my power supply failed, and after an email to Spritech they immediately sent me another power supply at no cost to me.

Hey Arkie,
I got mine more than a year ago (with the built in power supply version) and after 6 months it started burning the green fuse at the back of the unit (unit did come with spare fuses). Changed the fuse 3-4 times all got burned within 10 sec. Any ideas as to what would cause this?
Thanks

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Hey Arkie,
I got mine more than a year ago (with the built in power supply version) and after 6 months it started burning the green fuse at the back of the unit (unit did come with spare fuses). Changed the fuse 3-4 times all got burned within 10 sec. Any ideas as to what would cause this?
Thanks
the motor is drawing to high of amperage, it might be a short circuit or a bad bearing, tight piston, many things can cause the fuse to blow, could also be a loose wire connection or a corroded connection, best to look inside and see what you can find, an Impedance meter would help to see if the wiring is shorted.

the motor is drawing to high of amperage, it might be a short circuit or a bad bearing, tight piston, many things can cause the fuse to blow, could also be a loose wire connection or a corroded connection, best to look inside and see what you can find, an Impedance meter would help to see if the wiring is shorted.
I found several loose terminal connections while repairing mine, which could contribute to that. Probably would be a good time to install the o-ring kit and change out the check valve on the top cylinder. These should all be included in the kit. My check valve caused mine to run high amps. There is a youtube video that covers the single cylinder model but is helpful in overhaul that can be found by searching Spritech daily maintenance (ignore all the electronics removal...it's not necessary). Lightly lubricate the internals and grease the piston rod. It's really an easy job...just take pictures as you go to keep track of things.

I found several loose terminal connections while repairing mine, which could contribute to that. Probably would be a good time to install the o-ring kit and change out the check valve on the top cylinder. These should all be included in the kit. My check valve caused mine to run high amps. There is a youtube video that covers the single cylinder model but is helpful in overhaul that can be found by searching Spritech daily maintenance (ignore all the electronics removal...it's not necessary). Lightly lubricate the internals and grease the piston rod. It's really an easy job...just take pictures as you go to keep track of things.
Hey Arkie,
Could you maybe point out as to which part is the check valve?

Thanks!

I'm a moron, I believe that I after using the comp' at home at 220 I might have forgotten to to switch it back to 110 when connected it to my car battery out at the range, that could cause a blown fuse I suppose...

Reactions: Hopper
It's just a spring/check valve fitting that goes under the bolt with the little spike on it on top center of the upper cylinder, no other disassembly required other than taking off the outside cover. It's the only thing that hex bolt is for. As far as the voltage setting, when hooking up to DC battery the voltage setting doesn't matter since it is DC powered anyway.

1666193908036.png

My Spritech 1st Gen just died today. Bought it from Amazon in July of 2021. Purchased the 4-year extended warranty from Asurion. I submitted my claim and had my full purchase price back ($289) in about 20-minutes. Just ordered another compressor and it will be here on Wednesday. So, I used the compressor for about 18 months, filling my rifles about every 2-3 days for a total cost of $45 (the cost of the extended warranty). That works for me.