Spritech Compressor Review

I haven't owned it long but in case anyone is looking at getting a compressor I wanted to share my thoughts about the Spritech I got from Amazon for $375. I got it because I shoot a lot in the backyard and didn't want to run to the paintball store which is only 20 min away too often but also only open Fri-Sun and I want to keep my tanks for field use fills and not home use fills.

Pros

Air cooled (no oil or water needed for cooling)

Good size and carrying handle

Good accessories and supplies

Good manual 

Auto shutoff

temperature gauge

Great Support

Internal inverter for 12V or AC use

Cons

Fairly slow to fill

Can only fill up to a 600CC bottle

The unit came with a bad inverter (wouldn't turn on when plugged in) so the company sent me a new one from China which I had to install myself (then sent good instructions on how to do it) it was also bad so they sent me a second one that I had to install and it worked. All for free no charge for shipping. So while disappointing (it still worked on 12V) I was impressed that via email support then did make it right and sent me the part I needed to get fully operational.

Time will tell how well it works over time (only three fills so far on my 500CC bottle Krals) but if you are looking for a compressor I would give this one a serious look!
CMP 1.1626154819.jpg
CMP1.1626154820.jpg

FYI the case you see it in is mine but as you can see it's very case friendly!

Question to Spritech/orange compressor owners: At what max Temp would you guys stop your compressor at? (regardless whether you've reached your fill goal or not) I have the Spritech and used it at the rang Yesterday. Temp outside was 95F. When it was time for a top off, my compressor STARTED at 96.8F, filled from 180-240 BAR in 10 mins but reached 104F so I decided not to risk it and turned it off. What do you recon? 

Been compressor shopping for several months. I have to keep wondering if the Toauto, the Vevor and the Spiritech are the same compressor with a different name? Prices run from $222-$320. I keep thinking the cheapest from Amazon and the 4 year warranty. Is the 4 year from Amazon worth $50?

Even though they say, "Not for Bottles", is there any reason you couldn't fill a 100 cu in bottle if you took your time and did it in 3-5 cycles? Tell me if I have this right? You hook the compressor whip to the bottle. Your open the bleed valve on the compressor and start it. Close the bleed valve and open the bottle valve. After 5-10 minutes or the compressor temp goes up, you shut the compressor of and open the bleed valve and close the bottle valve. Wait 10-15 minutes and restart the compressor, close the compressor bleed valve and open the bottle valve. And just keep cycling till the bottle is up to 3000-3500 psi? The bottle has a one way valve so do you even need to close it during the rest? My uncommon sense says it is not the number of cycles but the compressor temperature. And, you shouldn't start the compressor if it has pressure on it (the bleed valve must be open).

WNyBill-

If you decide to try filling a bottle with a small compressor with multiple "rest" periods (as you ask about above) I suggest that you _do_ bleed the compressor after a rest and before restarting it. I have a cheap orange Vevor and one time I (just experimenting with things) turned it off and then turned it back on while connected up to a PCP's reservoir. The compressor made some unusually unhappy clunking sounds and failed to operate normally. As soon as it happened I realized that under those conditions, the rotational innards are working into a pressurized load in even the first motion of the crankshaft before anything is even gaining mormentum. Once I bled and restarted my compressor worked OK. But I concluded that restarting with pressure in the hose may shorten the life of my "bargain" compressor vs bleeding. For the price, I assume the moving parts aren't especially robust for this mode of operation. YMMV of course

Reactions: BlackICE
I finally bought the Toauto ?3 it is the bigger one. Already have a scenario for filling my 100 Cu in Air Ventura bottle. Let it run for about 10 minutes, turn it off but let the fan run and open the bleed valve, wait till the temp goes back to room temp and then run for another 10 minutes and repeat till full. It was pointed out to me that the length of time it runs against high pressure is the killer. With a gun it may only run against 3000psi for a few minutes but with a tank it may run against 3000psi for 10 minutes and that makes sense. Another selling point, there is a youtube tutorial for rebuilding the Toauto.